HELP!!! Freezing in Ohio!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kaitlin

Reaction score
Hello Forum!!

I am having a problem. I rent a not-so-well-built house that was constructed in the 50s. Our shower drain was not draining the water out (later found out there was literally no drain pipe and it was just flowing into the ground...like I said, not so well built...) so we had to have our bathroom completely remodeled. Prior to the remodel, the shower water always got extremely hot, which I loved. I did not mention the water temperature to the plumbers, because I didn't want it changed. After the remodel, the shower water got warm (not hot) for about five minutes and then immediately turned ice cold. I determined the problem was not with the water heater, because it was turned all the way to hot, and my kitchen and bathroom sinks still ran very hot for long periods of time. How do I fix my shower so that the water is hot? Please help!! I live in Ohio and cold showers are a fate worse than death.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Is there more water coming from the shower head now? Most new shower heads are restricted to 2.5 gallons per minute. A five gallon head will drain a tank much quicker.

You might post a picture of the shower control too. Sometimes there is a temperature limit stop that can be adjusted behind the handle to let you run the shower warmer.

Kaitlin

Reaction score
No, this shower head actually produces less water than the one before. I will post a picture soon, thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks