H2S, carbon and air input needed

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Those are excellent kits but for those who cant see color... I use the Sensafe exact micro 7+. It is one of the easiest and most accurate chlorine testers I have found for the price. It is very expensive, and probably completely overkill for a homeowner, but for the service technicians, I highly recommend it.

http://www.sensafe.com/

MagKarl

Reaction score
Yes I'll reorder the tanks. The order will be pressure tank, particulate filter, chlorine injection, retention, carbon, softener.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
That's a lot of tanks. We city dwellers have it easy, water arrives chlorinated and without iron. Hope it de-swamps the water to your satisfaction!

MagKarl

Reaction score
What kind of chlorine levels should I be targeting? I finally got my system up and running this weekend and appears to be working great. My carbon was salvageable after sanitizing it's removing the chlorine fine. I finally got my chlorine test kit and I'm seeing about 1.4ppm total and 0.25ppm free chlorine. I'm interpreting the free number as being just barely enough. Do I want a higher number so that I have some margin against changing water conditions?