H2S, carbon and air input needed

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by MagKarl, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Consumer
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Those are excellent kits but for those who cant see color... I use the Sensafe exact micro 7+. It is one of the easiest and most accurate chlorine testers I have found for the price. It is very expensive, and probably completely overkill for a homeowner, but for the service technicians, I highly recommend it.

http://www.sensafe.com/

3. lifespeed

lifespeed Member

Are you going to relocate the carbon filter ahead of the softener?

4. MagKarl

MagKarl New Member

Yes I'll reorder the tanks. The order will be pressure tank, particulate filter, chlorine injection, retention, carbon, softener.

5. lifespeed

lifespeed Member

That's a lot of tanks. We city dwellers have it easy, water arrives chlorinated and without iron. Hope it de-swamps the water to your satisfaction!

6. MagKarl

MagKarl New Member

What kind of chlorine levels should I be targeting? I finally got my system up and running this weekend and appears to be working great. My carbon was salvageable after sanitizing it's removing the chlorine fine. I finally got my chlorine test kit and I'm seeing about 1.4ppm total and 0.25ppm free chlorine. I'm interpreting the free number as being just barely enough. Do I want a higher number so that I have some margin against changing water conditions?