www.nonameyet.org
I can't come up with anymore responses to this thread View attachment 3146

Neither could GWB:

Office of the Press Secretary, September 20, 2001
Address to a Joint Session of Congress and the American People
United States Capitol, Washington, D.C., 9:00 P.M. EDT
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html

THE PRESIDENT:
... Some speak of an age of terror. I know there are struggles ahead, and dangers to face ...
... The advance of human freedom - the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time - now depends on us ...
It is my hope that in the months and years ahead, life will return almost to normal ...
Thank you. (Applause.)
END 9:41 P.M. EDT

Almost?!

Whew. Better than nothin' ... maybe.

BrooklynJon

Reaction score
Nobel Prize? Bah!

I'm not so impressed with Al Gore's Nobel Prize. #1) It's totally political - it's just about bashing Bush. #2) It's an honor he shares with Yasser Arafat, which is not really very good company. In any event, it's just another example of how global warmingism is not science - it's religion, politics, and fashion rolled into one, but it's not science.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Archie Bunker is still alive.....

Your reasoning defies logic and common sense.....but
that is to be expected I suppose....
I wonder if you ever watched the movie??? Archie....

I think Albert Eienstein also won a Nobel Prize too ... is he ok??
A bunch of other numbskulls have won prizes rangeing from quamtum theory, to world peace..ect ect.....

George Bush will probably have to declare them a Terrorist organization some day too.if they
keep bothering him about global warming.......those nasty bastards in Stockholm...

Again , its too late to really do anything about it now...
so just sit back in your seat ..strap yourself in , and enjoy the roller coaster ride...

the only course of action left now
is just to be good and
decent to each other cause we dont have anywhere else to go anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
...global warmingism is not science - it's religion, politics, and fashion rolled into one, but it's not science.

I beg to differ. The science of global warming is well understood and irrefutable. The extent to which the current warming trend is caused by human activity may be grounded in religion, politics, and fashion, but the umpteen kazillion BTUs, and similar quantities of CO2 produced in the modern age by human activity certainly must contribute to some extent. My major regret is that I won't be around to see how all this plays out.

Cookie

Reaction score
Mikey, mikey, mikey, have you checked the historical temps of the world? It is natural warming. Tsk, tsk...:) The problem is, all the hot air in people, lol.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Cookie, Cookie, Cookie, I've spent considerable time reading the references I cited in an earlier post, and going through the course I mentioned, and while Earth's climate does go through cyclic temperature changes, I believe what we're seeing now is quite different.

Just as your mileage may vary, your interpretation of all the data and various learned persons' judgements may vary as well. There are, in fact, a number of well-respected climatoligists who believe this rise in temperature is a normal change. They are outnumbered by those who think otherwise, but they are still entitled to their views.

Normal or not, it looks very likely (to me) that because of the current temperature trend, tens of millions of people living in coastal regions around the world may want to live somewhere else a few decades from now, and since there are already tens of millions of other people living "somewhere else", there's likely to be some conflict. There are many other disruptions in our "normal" way of life likely to occur.

The Nobel Peace Committee said in its announcement that climate change posed a clear and significant threat to world peace in the form of “increased danger of violent conflicts and wars, within and between states … Action is necessary now, before climate change moves beyond man’s control.†That's good enough for me, although as I said earlier I doubt I'll live to see what really happens.

Cookie

Reaction score
Mikey, mikey, mikey :) ( btw... good morning to you)

I heartily and respectfully disagree for numerous reasons. Simply put, the temps change a degree then, go up or down a degree, hence, as been doing this for years and years, and will continue to do so.

If we, as a human race have concerns, my goodness we could turn off our air conditioners for one. ( maybe ban the useage globally same as cars)

http://zfacts.com/p/203.html

I think in general we are polluting the planet making it unhealthy to live in, to breathe in but, I think in time the hoax will be clearly known. After all, now who invented the net? :rolleyes:

Have a nice day Mikey, good to see you, now I got to walk to work. Only 10 miles.:)

3_4_8v.gif

Last edited:

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Adapt! Adapt! Adapt!

The earth has been changing ever since it was formed. All of that carbon dioxide that people are worrying about was once ALL in the atmosphere, and look where it got us.

If you are concerned about GROWTH you have to start by telling your children that they are not allowed to give you grandchildren. How many of you are ready to sign onto that?

What difference does it make in the grand scheme of things if the lower 10 feet of land above sea level is under water in 100 years? All of the buildings on the coast will be rebuilt for other reasons during that time and they can move inland to be on the new seashore.

Go to the midwest where the Great Lakes are all more than 600 feet above sea level. There is plenty of high land and low population density between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains.

Rainfall will take care of itself. The atmosphere can hold only so much water, and the warming will cause more water to evaporate from the oceans. Then it falls. If you remember your junior high science classes you learned about the water cycle.

The water shortages are the result of human diversions for high-volume low-value uses. When water is really short those uses will be reduced or eliminated and the things that require that water will be provided in some other way or from some other place.

Adapt! Adapt! Adapt!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Greenland is covered with snow and ice.

Why is it called Greenland?

Because it was once green like New England... until the climate changed and it got colder...it (climate) is now changing again...

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, yes yes Bob, I hear ya on many of your points. Infact, if not all of them. Now, I don't want any more kids, since, I am already insane enough from them, but, I do want that MOTHER'S REVENGE! No one is going to take that away from me, lol. I want to sit there someday and hear my grandbabies chime in their dad --- the same way they did it to me! ( give me this and that, why can't I have the car! what a job? are you kidding? WALK?? CLEAN MY WHAT? TAKE out the what? on and on and on... beats the drum) I am patiently waiting...:D

I do think people should conserve as much as possible for the simple fact that things can be exhausted. We need to think of the future generations ahead, not just ourselves. We need to turn down the thermostats, walk more, drive less, think more, talk less...:)

We need to appreciate more the finer things in life. What are they? Are they driving the most expensive car, living in the most expensive house, taking the greatest vacations to far away and exotic places or are they things like, planting a garden and taking pride in the whole complete salad you just grew and fed your kids, reading ( or writing) a new novel, a new Gone with the Wind and using only a pen and pad; maybe donating money to the zoo to make life better for the lions and tigers and bears hence, for your enjoyment and for your grarndchildren someday; looking up! to gaze upon the wonder of this luscious and wondrous world, to see the stars, sometimes shooting stars ( and sometimes not! sometimes freeze dried poop) the moon and to feel the imagination that somehow comes with looking up.

Is that enough to make one want to conserve any and all resources? If not, gaze upon your children's faces and imagine their children's faces...

someday...

they will be here...

asking grandpap or grandma questions.

The earth, this planet on which we call home will always be home, but unless we take care of it, and do our parts, it may not always be home sweet home.

Earth will always change and evolve. That is to be expected. Things just change. It will grow on its own, and it will also, become what we want it to be.

Do we want to live in a dump?
Do we want to have clean oceans and clean water to drink?
Do we want our children and grandchildren to have a safe place to live and play?
Do we want our family to breathe clean air?

Their are answers. But, they all take work and sacrifice and how many of us are willing to give it?

The answers are not found in adding birth control to water. Forced steriliation is a frightening comparision to a regime I read about once in books . The elite, the powerful, the rich will be excluded. People die and people are born.

Simply if one is concerned enough then care enough to put your heart where your mouth is. Walk the walk. Conserve. Recycle. Conserve, Recycle. Conserve. Recycle...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do we want to have clean oceans and clean water to drink?
Do we want our children and grandchildren to have a safe place to live and play?
Do we want our family to breathe clean air?

The water cycle is a free purifier of water. The water is evaporated from the oceans and other sources and rain water is distalled water; very pure.

It gets contaminated by what we mix with it and it is then purified when it is evaporated again.

The oceans will never be clean in the sense of being free of things dissolved in the water. They are the ultimate sewer. That is why they are 3.5% salt, and why the Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea are saturated with salts. All of the bad things in the ocean came from the earth. We didn't create mercury or salt or magnesium. A few years ago I read a report that samples of fish from museums, from the 1800's, have been tested and found to contain mercury. Natural biological processes remove the biodegradable pollution. After the bears and birds eat, they contribute their small part to "pollution" and nature takes care of it.

The air is not impure for very long. It is only a problem where we have so many people that they keep fouling it faster than nature can clean it. Within a few years after we cease to exist the air will reach an equilibrium with natural processes and be "pure".

Cookie

Reaction score
I went fishing once and reeled in a big bass. I was able to tell the temperature outside by looking at him. I threw him back. If I had him mounted I could had thrown away my house thermometer. ( sounds like Dangerfield)

I am very picky now with fish only selecting certain kinds, the ones that aren't bottom feeders. I ask the fish men in the markets ( while holding up a fish) if this one is a bottom feeder? He asks me back, " do you want him to be?"

I don't know the reasoning on this. I am a woman.

The mercury levels might be less above, :rolleyes:

I used to take daily walks and runs, but I was tripping over garbage and determined this wasn't healthy. I am a die-hard and started carrying a garbage bag and picking up what I was tripping over but, ( I needed a dolley) I pulled a disk in my lower back running home with it. Not to fail to mention the stares I got from people

I once donated goods to the local Goodwill by following directions on their store sign, designating the drop off to be around back. I drove around back, got out of my car and tripped over coat hangers and spraining my ankle and cutting my hands. I don't obey that sign anymore ( like my kids don't obey me) and drop everything in the front of the store. Each time telling them to clean up the back.

I give until it hurts. I deserve a clean world.

Last edited:

Bosun

Reaction score
Bottom feeders...

Most of those fish are actually quite good to eat. The gamefish are the ones to be wary of. Tuna eat a ton of other fish--heavy metals end up in muscle tissue, and they eat lots of muscle tissue. Ergo, lots of Tuna have spooky metals. Halibut, on the other hand, are not a spooky fish since they are a bottom feeder.

That said, I love tuna steak and marlin, sword, etc. and I never worried about "safe" fish to eat. I don't eat them much anymore because those fish are in serious decline.

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
humans are not too smart

Basically.... geology 101 ,

most changes to earth are on a geological time table takes tens of thousands of years and more to even happen.....

Yellowstone park is still a geological baby forming.......

IN Earth time , the dianasours died off about a minute ago...that was over 60 mil years ago in human time...

Humans have been around only a verty short time ......

and the reason most scienteist are concerned
is we are actually WATCHING both polar ice caps melting away....in real human time

not something gradual over 2000---20,000 years.....
its actually happenning in less than 20 years....

again folks...both polar ice caps are melting before our
very finite human eyes.....and will probably be gone
quicker than anyone had ever dreamed it would...

and that aint good...... on a lot of different levels.......

and what exactly are we supposed to be adapting to???

Cass..Greenlnad was called Greenland to trick people to move there back 500 years ago
usually when they got there they were stuck ....

ICELAND was named ICELAND becasue it was a very nice place and they gave it a nasty
name to keep people away......

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
thats already happenning

Well that is already happenning in parts of Africa.

I hope and pray that we can maintain some sort of civility
if or when our food and supply systems break down
in a disaster some day....

and keep things from descending into chaos like those poor
souls have had to endure.

maybe New orleans was a test .......

Cookie

Reaction score
They have been doing that for centuries, it is called, cannibalism; and, here it is called, Jeffery Dahmer.
( got to give the credit for this one to Cass it was his idea)

Last edited:

spebby

Reaction score
I will join the fray with a few comments:

Some 30 years ago, the mid 1970's, the scientists were in an uproar over global cooling. (google global cooling) Now it's global warming. I think it's ridiculous to make predictions based on a very short time span in earth time. In my area, Oklahoma, there is no water shortage. In fact, Oklahoma has had more rain through the first 9 months of this year than in any other whole year in our recorded history. (The recent dry weather has electrical, plumbing and framing inspectors running 2 weeks behind in my area, my project is on hold waiting for inspections) How many times have the polar ice caps melted in Earth's history? Why should we expect them not to melt just because man is now inhabiting the earth. Earth has been in a state of flux since the beginning and will continue to be. If man quit burning fossil fuels today, Earth will still be in a state of flux. One difference in U.S. weather: Never before in the history of Earth has air pollution been as bad as it is today to our West (China, Japan and Korea). Most of the U.S. weather patterns come from the West.

Assuming the scientists are on target with global warming, the coming energy crisis will hit long before any effects of global warming are felt. Currently, the U.S. consumes 25% of the world's oil with only 4.5% of the world's population. In the last 10 years, China has built 50,000 miles of interstate highways and has gone from a net oil exporter to the 2nd largest importer of oil. India is not far behind China in increased oil demand. The annual increase in oil supply is nowhere near the annual increase in oil demand. Within 2 years there WILL BE gasoline rationing in the U.S. Gasoline rationing will be long term, not short term as in the 1970's. The fun in this country will start when politicians try to figure out a way to ration gasoline. It will not be pretty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks