Glacier Bay Dual Flush Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

johnh5733

Reaction score
I recently bought a glacier bay dual flush toilet and the instructions that came with it are very vague. Can you tell me how the flush buttons work?

glacier_bay_toilet_dual.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Glacier Bay is a box brand for almost anything.

It's like asking what cow the milk came from.
Good luck on that.
And good luck if you need parts. Big box doesn't carry parts, and as you have noticed, no documentation either.

Dr. Jose

Reaction score
you failed!

Why didn't you answer the question?
She wanted to know the difference between the two buttons' functions.
You simply returned with prejudicial discourse on "big boxes."
You either (a) didn't really know the answer
(b) just wanted to show your lack of preference for this product
(c) don't really care
Anyway, you failed the test.
You can take a make-up any time.
And I think you know the question.
All you have to do is find the answer and be OBJECTIVE.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That brand is a house brand name, and could be made by anyone they choose to build for them at that time...IOW, it changes on their whim and supplier. Typically, one button is used to flush liquids only, and the other for solids. Which one should become obvious when you do a trial and error, and probably has some cryptic symbol on it to try to distinquish which is which. The instructions SHOULD tell you. Hard to tell...is this Wedensday, them maybe???

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Testy!

Glacier Bay is made in China for Foremost Groups, and is the Home Depot label. You may find your model on the foremost group website. There are different ways of achieving the dual flush. And you could only tell by looking at the specs for YOUR model, or actually looking inside. The simplest mechanism just holds the flapper open for a longer or shorter time. Many toilets today use some sort of "space age" flush tower. They are all different.

Dr. Jose

Reaction score
And the answer is

According to Thomas Crapper, the inventor of the mechanical toilet, the answer is:
Large button for "one", small button for "two."
Or, according to my Fifth Grader, "Blue for poo."

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If Home Depot isn't going to carry parts for their orphans, then why should I care? As plumbers, we get tired of dealing with the lack of quality and the lack of parts for some of these products. Like Jimbo mentioned in a prior post about house brand faucets, Buy two, one to use, and one for parts.
I thought that was brilliant!

I can objectively say, "I wish they carried parts."
I think anyone that has ever bought a house brand something wishes that.

Most other dual flush toilets use small button for small flush and large button for large flush.

Last edited:

Bruce Knight

Reaction score
According to Thomas Crapper, the inventor of the mechanical toilet, the answer is:

On my Glacier Bay dual flush toilets, you push the handle towards the back wall for a part flush and pull it towards you for a full flush - handle is on the left hand side like "regular" toilets, but points down so it can move backwards or forward.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have definitely noticed a prejudice against crap ( No offense to Thomas!) made in China, and recent studies by the government have noticed that some us companies are starting to bring their products back on shore, for the reason that the quality issues are biting them in the butt, and to add insult to injury, wages in china are going up!

magnerash

Reaction score
small button = small flush

small button = small flush.

It may seem counterintuitive that it pushes down both buttons. But apparently there is a mechanism that accounts for that and disables the large flush.

All phase Plumbing

Reaction score
you failed!

Why didn't you answer the question?
She wanted to know the difference between the two buttons' functions.
You simply returned with prejudicial discourse on "big boxes."
You either (a) didn't really know the answer
(b) just wanted to show your lack of preference for this product
(c) don't really care
Anyway, you failed the test.
You can take a make-up any time.
And I think you know the question.
All you have to do is find the answer and be OBJECTIVE.
I'm sorry about him! I am a SELF EMPLOYED PLUMBER with 32 years experience in the field. I can not figure out which button is which on the glacier Bay dual flush toilets!! Nor does ANYONE on the INTERNET!! GOOD TOLIET for the $$ money but The last few YEARS i can't find PART'S for ANY glacier Bay Plumbing PRODUCTS!! I have been buying NEW PRODUCTS taking the PART I NEED and RETURNING the ITEMS!! ONLY for SUPER REPEAT CUSTOMERS!! Good PRODUCTS for the $$ but NO REPAIR PARTS for SALE!!!

Slomoola

Reaction score
Glacier Bay toilets have a Lifetime Warranty. All you have to do is call the toll free number and they will send you all the parts you might need for FREE. Can't say that for Toto which is highly touted on this forum, for some reason?? Not certain but I think Home Depot carries some replacement parts maybe? Thought I saw some once. Just read that the famous Toto toilets carry a whopping 1 year warranty. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks