Toilet makes weird noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Dochud

Reaction score
My toilet flushes and as it is finishing the refill cycle a loud what can only be described as a farting noise (no air bubbles or anything and not associated with the bowl). Can be heard emitting from the tank. The toilet is a top push button style flush and only about a year old. I would try to add a video of the sound but I cannot upload a video here I don’t think.

BECplumbing

Plumbing Apprentice
Reaction score
My toilet flushes and as it is finishing the refill cycle a loud what can only be described as a farting noise (no air bubbles or anything and not associated with the bowl). Can be heard emitting from the tank. The toilet is a top push button style flush and only about a year old. I would try to add a video of the sound but I cannot upload a video here I don’t think.
It probably has something to do with the fill valve. Depending on the type of fill valve you have you could try taking it apart and replacing the seals but you may just want to buy a new fill valve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks