Gerber elongated bowl 2" discharge?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by CanOfWorms, May 23, 2014.

1. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

I have a matching color gerber round bowl and tank installed and got this elongated bowl free. Do I need to be wary of the 2" discharge ? Or can I compensate with better flushing mechanism?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Gerber makes several models.
    You may have junk, or it may be good. What part number is it?
  3. Wallijonn

Wallijonn Member

What does the trap-way look like?

I had some Briggs with 3" outlets. Terrible 3.5g toilets. I don't know what the trap-way looked like because it wasn't visible from the outside.
  4. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

The trapway is big and sloping. I saw this same bowl in my doctors home office. I snooped in the tank and it has a big black plastic tank that is the flusher. I'm thinking that something like that would be good in my rental property basement toilet to avoid clogs.
    The printing on the top says GERBER 1.6 gpf / 6.0 Lpf
    USA SA
    I don't know if this is the model number, but these are the only marking other than a date stamp in the ceramic from early 2000s
    Trim.jpeg
  5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

If the flusher is a big black plastic tank inside the china tank, then you have a Pressure-Assist flush.

Pressure flush bowls and gravity-flush bowls are totally incompatible, and Gerber makes both kinds.

If you put a pressure tank on a gravity bowl, water will spray everywhere in your bathroom if you flush it.

(If you put a gravity tank on a pressure bowl and flush, the water won't even drain from the tank.)

They are different designs, so unless you know your elongated bowl is a pressure model, I would be concerned about going through all the work of swapping the bowl.
  6. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

Oh... I saw this same bowl on another toilet at my doctors office.

This one was a freebee. So, I don't know anything about it other than it is a Gerber and it is the color of the tank I currently have.

It will be easier to just buy a new dang toilet.
    Thanks.