Gerber elongated bowl 2" discharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I have a matching color gerber round bowl and tank installed and got this elongated bowl free. Do I need to be wary of the 2" discharge ? Or can I compensate with better flushing mechanism?

Wallijonn

Reaction score
What does the trap-way look like?

I had some Briggs with 3" outlets. Terrible 3.5g toilets. I don't know what the trap-way looked like because it wasn't visible from the outside.

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
The trapway is big and sloping. I saw this same bowl in my doctors home office. I snooped in the tank and it has a big black plastic tank that is the flusher. I'm thinking that something like that would be good in my rental property basement toilet to avoid clogs.
The printing on the top says GERBER 1.6 gpf / 6.0 Lpf
USA SA
I don't know if this is the model number, but these are the only marking other than a date stamp in the ceramic from early 2000s
Trim.jpeg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If the flusher is a big black plastic tank inside the china tank, then you have a Pressure-Assist flush.

Pressure flush bowls and gravity-flush bowls are totally incompatible, and Gerber makes both kinds.

If you put a pressure tank on a gravity bowl, water will spray everywhere in your bathroom if you flush it.

(If you put a gravity tank on a pressure bowl and flush, the water won't even drain from the tank.)

They are different designs, so unless you know your elongated bowl is a pressure model, I would be concerned about going through all the work of swapping the bowl.

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
Oh... I saw this same bowl on another toilet at my doctors office.

This one was a freebee. So, I don't know anything about it other than it is a Gerber and it is the color of the tank I currently have.

It will be easier to just buy a new dang toilet.
Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks