Gas line for dryer

Users who are viewing this thread

talon011

Reaction score
Hello All
I have a newbie gas line question here. We moved into a house and looking to buy a gas dryer. There is a line already for the water heater, and on that line it looks like I can run another line for the dryer. I'm not sure if it is or some kind of relief valve. Any information or help provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• garage gas line.PNG
    garage gas line.PNG
    593.8 KB · Views: 498

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That would normally be a drip leg.
For a dryer, you would want to work backwards with sizing chart, looking at BTU units and distance.

talon011

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. So it sounds like I will need to run a new line to the location of the dryer and insure I meet the requirements of the dryer.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A drip leg would be pointed verically downward with a pipe and cap in it. That opening, being on its "side" with a plug is suitable for your dryer connection.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A drip leg would be pointed verically downward with a pipe and cap in it. That opening, being on its "side" with a plug is suitable for your dryer connection.

The picture was not posted at the time of my answer. I was guessing that it would be a normal drip leg, the kind that point down with a cap on the end.

I don't normally see a tee that's been plugged like that. Odd............

If the sizing is correct, you could pull the plug and tap in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks