Gas adapter needed for Mr Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Fredinva71

Reaction score
Purchased a Mr Heater 18,000 BTU heater for shop area.
I also bought the buddy gas line for the heater. Problem is: buddy gas line connects to Mr Heater fine.
my problem is the source I need to connect to is not a tank connection, I have a TEE on my 100Gal propane
gas line which right now feeds to my gas logs.
the Buddy gas line has a standard male propane tank connection. I need an adapter to connect the line to my black pipe that was tee"d
from my gas log line.
Im sure there is an adapter, but so far, hard to find. any help would be appreciated,
tia, fred

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
very simple only question is the size and type thread plus we need to know male or female. the other important factor is if you are connec ting upstream or downstream of the regulator.
If you had an adapter how would that get you from the tank to the buddy heater at work shop ? are you streching out a long hose acrros the yard?

Fredinva71

Reaction score
173645.jpg
Fitter30,
Looks good if my tapered enn (left side of pic) screws into this adapter, then i can get 1/4in to 1/2in for my black pipe.
tyvm
fred

Fredinva71

Reaction score
very simple only question is the size and type thread plus we need to know male or female. the other important factor is if you are connec ting upstream or downstream of the regulator.
If you had an adapter how would that get you from the tank to the buddy heater at work shop ? are you streching out a long hose acrros the yard?
simple
i put a T on my black pipe and went through my block garage wall to new shop.
in shop is 2' of black pipe and 1/2 inch gas valve!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I purchased fittings to refill 1gal disposable bottles. I think thats the fitting you're looking for.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
on the mr heater is a 1lb bottle female thread so screw a adaper on it woll have a 1/4 inch male end on that male end you adapt to a flare end and install one in your valve at the black pipe then use a common corugated appliance connector. or run screwed pipe to it with a union I guess your supposed to have sediment trap too is any of this supposed to be legal ?

Fredinva71

Reaction score
the mr heater is a 1lb bottle female thread so screw a adaper on it
see pic above,,,,the right hose connecter fits the mr heater fine,
need adapter for hose pictured left connection, i believe Fitter39 found it

thx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks