Frost Proof Silcock identication

Users who are viewing this thread

rsclark1113

Reaction score
I need to replace the stem in my frost free silcock.
I cannot find the brand anywhere online and was hoping someone would recognize the picture.
I just want to order the stem. It works but has become hard to turn for my wife as we are on a well.
It would have been new in 2012 when the house was built.
I measured the stem to be about 16 inces.

Attachments

• 20230508_151631_HDR.jpg
    20230508_151631_HDR.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 62

Reach4

Reaction score
1. What are the two letters? I tried SB as in Sharkbite, and SD as in Self Draining.

2. A wider profile shot may be useful in somebody, other than me, recognizing the spigot.

rsclark1113

Reaction score
The top emblem is the CSA logo (Canadian Standards Association)
The only other marking is the Large V underneath that.
There is no other markings

rsclark1113

Reaction score
I removed the stem and took pictures as well. It looks like a BK Proline 888-558 but there is no markings to indicate that. BK proline also says on their website they have no partnerships with anyone? see th epic of the stem.

Attachments

• 20230510_122709_HDR.jpg
    20230510_122709_HDR.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 56

Eman85

Reaction score
What's wrong with the stem? Is it leaking and need a new washer?

rsclark1113

Reaction score
"What's wrong with the stem? Is it leaking and need a new washer?"

After this past winter the faucet would turn (very stiff) but no water would come out. I removed the stem and made sure the plunger at the end was moving ok and applied WD40. That fixed the water flow issue but the handle is still quite stiff to turn on and off. Enough that my wife needs me to do it for her. I am hoping a new stem will alleviate the issue other wise I will need a plumber to replace the whole sillcock as it is soldered in and beyond my abilities to do it properly. As a note we are on a well for our water and so fixtures tend to get a little more corroded and mineral build up.

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider lubricating with silicone plumber's grease. The following will probably be locally available.

Plumber's grease OK for potable water faucets with some silicone"
https://www.danco.com/product/12-oz-waterproof-grease/ meets NSF 61 (water)

This is a higher quality smaller quantity:
silicone 0.5 oz
https://www.danco.com/product/0-5-oz-silicone-faucet-grease/ Danco 88693 meets NSF 61 (water)

For bigger containers, there are other choices, such as Molykote 111 or Release compound No. 7.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The easiest way to ID a FF spigot is to see the whole thing. The handle color / shape of the body etc are easy ways

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks