Enough mortar banking?

Users who are viewing this thread

cheetah chrome

Reaction score
Hi,
First off not a pro, read this forum extensively regarding the job at hand and it has gone perfect...so thanks to all. Ok, I set an acrylic jacuzzi tub yesterday in a mortar bed and then banked the perimeter w the exception of a small section so I could inspect the drain for leaks. Ran a couple of leak tests and none found. I am going to mix up another batch of mortar to finish up the small section but wanted to ask if what I have banked so far is enough. Bank is approximately 5"s up from the floor.

banked mortar 1.jpg
banked mortar 2.jpg

Last edited:

cheetah chrome

Reaction score
Looks like a tank.

I would think you have enough mortar under there.

Nice use of the plastic as a bond breaker....

Excellent. I got a bulk of my information on the job from your threads so thanks. The bottom of the tub is solid! The fluffy piles of mortar between each of the foam feet worked perfect. This, and moving/blind setting the new drain in a slab, were the steps of the remodel that I had the most fear of screwing up. Read a bunch on here and measured...measured...and measured again and it went perfect.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
.....Read a bunch on here and measured...measured...and measured again and it went perfect.

I like to say "That was Lucky" - in a kidding sarcastic manner. You can never plan too much or stress to little. You only get one chance to nail it perfect.

"When it's Perfect - It's Good Enough." JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks