Double Vanity Vent and Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Kathristin

Reaction score
I am remodeling a bathroom and am a little confused as to how to vent and drain my 60" double vanity. The existing 2" vent/drain is off to the left of the vanity. The attached picture shows what I inteded on doing. I am not that good with isometric drawing to fittings are labeled because I didn't know how to draw them. (This sketch is in no way to scale, the distance from the fixture tee to the 2" main drain is approx 3 feet)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Vanity.jpg
    Vanity.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15,201
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
dwv

That is one way. Or, you could do that for the right hand sink with the riser and tee right behind the sink, and use a tee in the main riser, at the correct height, with an arm with and elbow for the left hand sink. That would be my preference unless you also install a cleanout tee below the intersection of the double fixture fitting, (NOT a cross).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In Washington, you would need a 2" x 1.5" x 1.5" x 1.5" fixture cross.

The pipe leading down would be 2"
The vent could be 1.5"

abs_fixture_cross.jpg

Last edited:

Kathristin

Reaction score
Thanks. Are 1-1/2"x1-1/2"x1-1/4"x1-1/4" fixture tees available? I realized that I don't need a 1-1/4"x1-1/2" trap, it can stay 1-1/4" to the tee, then be 1-1/2" drain and vent.

According to NJ plumbing code, those sizes are acceptable. Lav is 1 dfu each and 1-1/2" can have up to 3 dfu.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can get a 2,2,2 cross and bush down if you cant find one that reduces. Here you can't put anything smaller than 4" through the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks