Double Sink Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

B-in-Seattle

Reaction score
First off, I'd like to thank this forum and the advise it offers. I own an old 1915 craftsman in Seattle. There was an old cast iron/porcelain corner sink in the main bathroom. I took it out, installed a double vanity and was proud of how it turned out.......until the 2nd sink filled up when I ran water in the first sink. I'm not a plumber, but I knew this was wrong.

The sink is not clogged and I have not checked the roof vent as of yet. Attached is a very rough diagram of my "project gone wrong". Any advise is much apprecated.

Attachments

• doublesink.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 247

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
lav_rough_double_b.jpg

In Seattle, they like double lavs plumbed this way.

double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Last edited:

B-in-Seattle

Reaction score
Since the drain line is in the corner of the bathroom and the sinks extend from that corner, do I have any recourse? The house is nearly a hundred years old and I do not particularly want to rip down all the plaster.

Thanks for the responses.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you clear the stoppage, the lavs should drain.

There are several ways a plumber would have plumbed your lavs.

None would look anything like the pdf file you posted.

B-in-Seattle

Reaction score
That's what I used...... a "continuous waste end outlet". Should I have used it?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Details: your pdf shows that when you drain "Sink1", your water will be sent towards Sink2 because you put the curve going the wrong way.

The way you described it, it could mean that a bit of water went into Sink2 before draining the right way immediately afterwards.

A couple other details are worth seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks