domestic PRV, check valves, and fire sprinkler question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Speede541

Reaction score
Hope this question isn't too far out of field...

I'll be installing a Pressure Regulating Valve on my domestic supply.

One PRV I'm looking at is a combined check valve. I don't believe there's currently a check valve installed on my domestic supply.

There IS a single check valve installed on my fire sprinkler system, a Nibco almost exactly as shown in the first photo (taken from my stamped Automatic Fire Sprinkler plans).

On those same approved plans, the contractor drew in a Febco double check valve, after the meter but before the riser (2nd photo labeled "1 in. A.S.R."; "BOR" is Bottom of Riser). My presumption is this Febco unit is intended to protect the city supply from both my domestic system and fire sprinkler system.

The fire department drew in a notation (in red, 2nd photo, to right of the Febco) to take of my domestic supply from *before* the double check valve.

Can anybody here interpret what the real intent was here? Did the city fire put their notation on the wrong side of the double check valve? Everything has been signed off and is in service, even though neither the Febco double check nor a PRV is currently installed. Clearly something was missed.

Mainly, if I install a combined PRV / check valve on the domestic side, am I covered?

IMG_20160623_112519.jpg

IMG_20160623_112552.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks