Does Annual teeth x-rays cause cancer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
the festivus pole :) lol :) i never understood that show when it was on (because i was so young) but i get it now :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just wanna say that my dentist replaced a filling last year that he originally installed 38 years ago.
And when he does the needle, I can't really feel it. It calls it a bee sting, but if it is, I can't tell.
He teaches at the UW still.
Yes........he's old, but darned good. He's a skier too.

And I remember the Festivus episode too. I loved it!

Cookie

Reaction score
If you got mercury fillings, word of warning in having them removed. They must be removed in a certain way, so you do not digest the stuff. This is very important. I had mine removed & replaced with white porcelin stuff, (which down the road will probably be told it is worse than the mercury), BUT, it looks better... It lasts shorter though, you won't get the 38 years on one. But, 20 years from now, makes me almost 78, and probably wooden ones will be in style. What do you think?

I think, this year, we will have Festivus! Did they beat the relatives with the pole? :)

I can't even see straight while watching this, it is so real,

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't mess with your mercury fillings. It's like asbestos...it is not doing any harm where it is, but can be bad juju if you stir it up.

Problem with xrays...insurance companies!!!!!! They want before, after , in between. They want frequent diagnostics xrays to prove you weren't ignoring potential problems. Probably they want proof of whose mouth they are paying for.\

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Don't mess with your mercury fillings. It's like asbestos...it is not doing any harm where it is, but can be bad juju if you stir it up.

Problem with xrays...insurance companies!!!!!! They want before, after , in between. They want frequent diagnostics xrays to prove you weren't ignoring potential problems. Probably they want proof of whose mouth they are paying for.\

Its all so CSI can have dental records, And they turn over the cotton swabs for your DNA record.

Cookie

Reaction score

Well, with asbestos there are ways to maintain it, with the fillings, it is different. It is not what you know that is going to hurt you, it is what you don't know.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Any one having their nails extended and painted are perfect candidates for natural selection. Let them breathe the acetone and checkout early. Its planned by god to eliminate the unworthy.

Cookie

Reaction score
I worked with a girl where everything was fake. From her eyelashes, to her nails, she was siliconed, she sprayed on a tan, she dyed her hair and eyebrows, and, this one day, I asked her, if she was ever afraid to get in a downpour, or a gusty wind. I wondered what she really looked like. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I worked with a girl where everything was fake. From her eyelashes, to her nails, she was siliconed, she sprayed on a tan, she dyed her hair and eyebrows, and, this one day, I asked her, if she was ever afraid to get in a downpour, or a gusty wind. I wondered what she really looked like. :)

I hate those stupid catalogs that come in the mail that show "enhancements" for girls to stick in their pants to make them look like they have a nice butt or up top to look Boobi-licious. What a disappointment they'd be to some poor guy; he'd get pissed.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
One of the best things you can do for your oral health which will also have significant benefit to your over all health and well being is to invest in a hydrofloss unit and a Rotadent plus toothbrush.

The hydrofloss is like a gum massage.......it has 60 psi of water pressure. Took me a few weeks to be able to turn it up that high. Same for the toothbrush...it takes some getting use to.

Each cost around 100 bucks.......and I think both have a lifetime warranty. Excellent products,professional grade.

Try it and you will thank me......your dentist will not have much to do when you go for cleanings as the hydrofloss alone doesn't allow anything to stick to the surface of your teeth.

The Rotadent plus toothbrush makes your teeth feel dentist office cleaning smooth with every use.

http://www.toothygrinsstore.com/Pro...SS01&Click=2&gclid=CMf7t47zvK8CFWy-tgodfXzKyQ

http://www.naturalgumption.com/products/Rotadent-Plus-Toothbrush.html

Last edited:

Clog Pro

Reaction score
Website
www.clogpro.com
my friend was 24 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. she was adoped, so she knows nothing of family history.wonder if it really is genes? she had it removed and she is fine today. she did smoke and used to drink tons of pepsi. other than that, shes real healthy, weighs about 95 lbs. and works out daily. makes you wonder how something like that can happen to her, vs someone like me, who eats way too much, drinks too much, weighs in over 300 lbs and i rarely excersize? strange. life is funny like that.

95 lbs is healthy?! How tall is she? Like 4'11"?

Cookie

Reaction score
I was 108 one week before my wedding, and gained 10 pounds, I am 5'3. I remember once going to Eat n Park with my mom, and, I had ordered the low-cal plate, a burger and cottage cheese, and, boy did I get a dirty look from the waitress. I told her I gained 10 lbs, and she turned to my mom, asking, if I had an eating disorder, lol.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have broken both my upper and lower jaws at different times, and have had most of my lower front teeth knocked out, I have had more x-rays of my face than anybody I know. I have had 5 surgeries on my jaws alone and I have a dozen screws and several plates holding my face together. Lets use me as the test subject. I should know fairly soon.

I have asked my dentist to not take x-rays if they are not necessary, so now we do them every 4-5 years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks