DIY laundry rough in questions request

Users who are viewing this thread

JustinChase

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the right or best way to run the plumbing for the new laundry room. I marked up a photo of the framing in the room, with simple lines and some text.

173932083_orig0.jpg

Can I use an AAV for this setup safely (potential code issues aside)?

Do I need a p-trap in the drain line setup inside the walls for both the sink and the washing machine, or can I just have one for the washing machine, and install one under the sink (like I have it drawn)?

Do I need any special fittings to connect this all?

Do I need any extra lines to keep the drains and vents more separate?

Any other suggestions for plumbing this all correctly? Drywall is supposed to be installed next Wednesday :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer needs a vent within five feet of the p-trap.
You will need a vent though the roof there. The sink vent and the washer vent can tie together six inches above the washer or sink counter, whichever is higher.

JustinChase

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I went looking for more photos, and found one that looks pretty close to my setup. it's showing the plumbing 'from the backside', but appears basically the same otherwise. Does this look like a good method for my case also?

792634198_orig0.jpg

Also, does this need to be (should it be) all 2", all the way to the main drain/septic? It looks like the vent pipes go down to 1 1/2" above the sanitary tees.

JustinChase

Reaction score
I just wanted to update the thread with the 'final product' I ended up with. I hope it's okay, it's drywalled and painted now :)

the housewrap behind the plumbing was just some leftover I had and used to seal up the wall dividing the covered porch siding, which is not sealed very tight.

Attachments

• Pantry & Laundry 14.jpg
    Pantry & Laundry 14.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,008
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks