Dishwasher leak

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It's not a battle. I never battle with the unarmed. He make's me laugh. I'm putting him on my buddy list. :D

Wrex

Reaction score
Calm down Red it was a joke.

Battle? I think of it more as a squabble.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Calm down Red it was a joke.

Well I hope you PM'd kathynsarasota and let her know it was just a joke...
I got a bad feeling she's gooping up her dishwasher with Silicone RTV hoping its a miracle cure...

Oh you didn't!:eek:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I just did thanks for the reminder.

A little late now!
She got her bad answer from you yesterday and left to go do it already...
I'm sure she'll like you when she comes back saying it doesn't work!

kathynsarasota

Reaction score
Dishwasher leaks!

OK--OK you guys!!!!! Stop fighting!:) I think I am going to take the thing apart!? It is not doing me any good right now the way it is!!! And you are right--move/fix one thing in plumbing and you have another leak! (You will all love this----I moved the dishwasher out into the floor--pulling it out of the cabinet area---pulled it too far and the hot water connection started spraying water every where!!!! Soooo-I will take the "housing and motor" apart---take the whole thing to an appliance parts store and ask them what looks bad!!?? I AM BLOND---do you think it will help?? I will keep you posted!
Kathy

Cookie

Reaction score
Kathy,

If I were you, I would probably be looking for a new dishwasher and not another Whirlpool. It might be more cost effective in the long run.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
OK--OK you guys!!!!! Stop fighting!:) I think I am going to take the thing apart!? It is not doing me any good right now the way it is!!! And you are right--move/fix one thing in plumbing and you have another leak! (You will all love this----I moved the dishwasher out into the floor--pulling it out of the cabinet area---pulled it too far and the hot water connection started spraying water every where!!!! Soooo-I will take the "housing and motor" apart---take the whole thing to an appliance parts store and ask them what looks bad!!?? I AM BLOND---do you think it will help?? I will keep you posted!
Kathy

Open the walls up under the sink and remove the first 12' feet of water lines and take that with you too, ask them why the piping is spraying water all over the place.

Make sure you use electrical tape to seal off the water lines where you cut.

Cookie

Reaction score
Rugged,

Did you mean to say 12 inches or 12 feet? Most dishwasher lines are around 4 or 5 feet.

Open the walls up under the sink and remove the first 12' feet of water lines and take that with you too, ask them why the piping is spraying water all over the place.

Make sure you use electrical tape to seal off the water lines where you cut.

Cookie

Reaction score
Kathy,

Taking it to the appliance parts people, they probably won't be able to tell by looking what parts are bad. And, many of them, only know parts and may not know how to repair a dishwasher.

You might want to look on Craig's list for a newer used one, or even, in your local papers.

Kathy

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I think that for the price of a new GE I'd probably just buy a new one. You know that 6 months after you put the thing back together something else will go wrong. Shame we live in a throw away world but that's just the way of it. Glad you decided not to smear silicone all over it though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks