Dishwasher installation amplifying running sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Rancho

Reaction score
I have had 2 higher end dishwashers installed in a kitchen peninsula (a Bosch that was later replaced with a Miele) and both are loud enough to be clearly heard from other rooms. These are models that others say are so quiet for them that they sometimes accidentally open the door mid cycle not realizing they are running.
The dishwasher motors are very quiet, but I can very loudly hear all the washing noises from water spraying around the inside hitting the dishes and the inside of the tub. It almost sounds like the doors aren’t shut, but they are.
This makes me assume there is something about my particular installation that makes the dishwashers run louder.

The dishwashers are already factory wrapped with sound insulation and have motors and pumps that barely make noise. So, what needs to be done with the installation to prevent the cabinets from becoming an echo chamber amplifying the normal running sounds?
How tightly is the dishwasher supposed to fit in the cabinet opening and should gaps around the dishwasher be filled with anything to absorb noise that wont also cause issues with overheating or cause inadequate air circulation?
What about the opening behind the kick panel near the floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks