Deep Well Not Pumping

Users who are viewing this thread

MarcH

Reaction score
:confused: My wife turned on our deep well pump and used it with no problems on Saturday. I went to turn it on on Monday and the motor came on and only spun, but wasn't pumping any water. I live with in view of a river and I have several ponds on my property so the water table is very high. It is an older Dayton pump, but has worked fine for the two years we have lived in our house. Please help, I'm already tired of driving out to the pond and tanking water up to the horses!!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I don't understand why you are turning it on manually. Dayton is the name Graingers puts on someone elses motor. What brand is the pump? Tell us more about your system and well.

bob...

MarcH

Reaction score
Dayton Electric Motor Company is the only name I can find on my pump. We turn the pump on manually because it is only hooked up to our spigots and barn. When we need to water animals in the barn or water the garden we turn the pump on and turn it off when we are done. Our home is on city water. The incoming pipes come in through the basement wall so there is no well shaft. Like I said before the motor will turn on, but there seems to be no suction.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Still not enough info to troubleshoot anything. You have only described the motor.

You may have to call a pump man.

bob...

MarcH

Reaction score
What additional information are you needing? The motor will turn on, but the pump itself doens't work. The day before we would turn the motor on and the pump would kick right in and start pumping water. The next day the motor turned on, but the pump isn't pumping. Could the motor have become disconnected from the pump? Any sort of troubleshooting help would be appreciated. Thanks.

R

Rancher

It's a jet pump, it may have lost it's prime, look up on the web how to prime that pump, look up on the Grainger web site for a replacement. It also may have self distructed the impeller.

Rancher

MarcH

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Rancher for the advice! I will do some investigating on the Internet and see what I can find.

MarcH

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Rancher, the only thing wrong with my pump was that it had lost it's prime. I had it up and runnning in five minutes, again thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks