Pumps and tanks well forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Chaplain Pat

Reaction score
Question for you experts:
I'm a 74 year old woman, on city water, and we have never had a well in our lives. Put in a sand point yesterday to be hooked up to our sprinkler system with a 2 hp electric pump. It's located just on the other side of our garage wall. My question is: can we have a pipe come in from the pump through the garage wall with a faucet on it while still being hooked up to the sprinkler system in case sobering goes haywire with our city water? Also adding a hand pump to it on car the power goes out for any extended period of time. Can that hand pump as well, be hooked up to a pipe going through the garage wall with a faucet? Thanks so much fug your help as I'm sure you can see how dumb we are about this stuff! Just want to access water if anything his the fan without two 74 year olds having to haul it in buckets a hundred feet to get it inside! Thank you so much for your help,! Email:
bailyourtail@gmail.com

Reach4

Reaction score
For using the sandpoint water for emergency house use, what would you propose to control the pump? Does your pump go on and off controlled by the irrigation controller? Or is there a pressure switch which switches on the pump when you turn on a water valve?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the 2HP is a "sprinkler pump" it usually does not build much pressure and therefore does not come with or work well with a pressure switch and pressure tank. It is usually either manually turned on or started with a sprinkler timer.

If it is a jet pump it does build pressure and usually comes with a pressure switch. In this case all you need to do is add a pressure tank and make sure none of your sprinkler zones are too small and cause the pump to cycle on and off.

Adding a Cycle Stop Valve lets you water at any rate you want and use water in the house without the pump cycling on and off. The CSV also works with a small and inexpensive pressure tank.

PK1A with Sand Point.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks