Cistern Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Lindauer

Reaction score
Pump is rusted solid motor sill would run. I am planning on getting whole new pump but am at a loss if I should keep glass lined tank. Water is for toilets and one outside spigot. No consumption.

Attachments

• 1221161836.jpg
    1221161836.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 178

Lindauer

Reaction score
Glass lined tanks were good until they got dropped, bounced or hit with a hammer...

Before pump rusted solid I replaced the pressure switch and the air control. The air control leaked water from the air control. The system would constantly kick off and on with each toilet flush. I have tried draining the whole ayatem and starting over. It would only last 2 days before becoming water logged again. Thanks for the thoughts

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
When draining a non bladder tank you either need to blow air in the tank with a compressor or remove a plug on top or side of tank to let air in. Otherwise it is like holding your finger over a straw full of tea. Nothing will drain out until you let air in the top.

Lindauer

Reaction score
When draining a non bladder tank you either need to blow air in the tank with a compressor or remove a plug on top or side of tank to let air in. Otherwise it is like holding your finger over a straw full of tea. Nothing will drain out until you let air in the top.

I shut off the water supply and power, opened the spigot which is in the garage and opened the drain valve on the tank which is located in the basement. I thought this would allow the water to flow

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
This one is still being used with the original pump today.

How much water was drained from your tank? 80gals on ours is alot water to push out because it's best to leave a few gallons before the air starts releasing, so you don't get air when you start using it again. We use our ear on the side of tank to listen to air bubbling the water to pin point where the water is in the tank.

Attachments

• WP_20160726_15_30_08_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160726_15_30_08_Rich.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 161

Lindauer

Reaction score
No gallons on tank and I always drained from the hose bib over to a floor drain. Since the concesus was to keep tank. I am gonna buy a new pump after the holidays and install it on the tank and see where that leads me.

Attachments

• 1221161836a.jpg
    1221161836a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 174

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
The air control leaked water from the air control. The system would constantly kick off and on with each toilet flush. I have tried draining the whole ayatem and starting over. It would only last 2 days before becoming water logged again.

It looks like you fixed the leak in the picture but you were still having troubles with the tank waterlogging in just two days, when it should last longer than that? Your wondering if it could still be a leak somewhere else or the tank causing your problem?

Probably just a 42gal standard tank. Which would only give you 6.5gals of drawdrawn on 30-50 at 50%air/50%water and 5.6gals on 40-60.

WellXtroll wx-250 44gal tank will give you 13.6gals on 30-50 and 11.6gals on 40-60. This tank replaced your very old tank with a diaphragm inside them now. These tanks also allow for maximum drawdown to be achieved out of the tank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks