Cannabis Freedom March to Westlake in Seattle

Discussion in 'Ian's Corner' started by Terry, May 12, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

In Seattle they had the yearly Cannabis Freedom March from Volunteer Park to Westlake Mall in downtown Seattle. It was more like a funeral procession of the old laws that prevented individual usage of Marijuana. Not something I personally use, but my son's band Longstride was playing and I came down with a camcorder and recorded some music. Washington State is one of the first to de-criminalize it for home use. I still prefer having a beer, but I'm not going to worry if someone prefers something else in their own home. It's tough to beat a good IPA in Seattle with all our Micro Brewer's here. Freedom to be different. I remember a previous chief of police in Seattle mentioning that he had never gone to a domestic dispute where someone had been smoking weed before. Plenty of times they were called if someone had been drinking Tequila.

Part one of the video here

[​IMG]

Jamie Love singing with Longstride.

[​IMG]

Longstride at Westlake in downtown Seattle

Buy the CD here

[​IMG]

Yeah!

[​IMG]

Yes, they will be at Hempfest this year.

[​IMG]

Sue pointed out there were a lot of people using walkers and crutches, perhaps we are getting older, or there are some medical conditions that MJ is being used for?
    I'm still holding out for Advil.
    Though I do hear that those going through Chemo may find it useful. After my first colon cancer surgery I had lost 45 pounds in six weeks. I found it hard to eat anything. Looking back on that, it may have helped. I got my appetite back after the second surgery though. Eventually I got back to my preferred weight of 200, which is fine for someone 6'-1".

[​IMG]

Very many nice comments about the music. Jamie had them rocking out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Cannabis-Freedom-March/379361382156330?fref=ts

Afterwards Sue and I went to the Pike and had a beer and then to the waterfront for cones. It was a nice evening in Seattle.
    Growing up on the Eastside, it was an unusual evening.

I thing the Bellevue Family 4th will be much different. The Bellevue Park is where my old Junior High used to be before they cleared the land for a park.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. pot stores on every corner??

Terry, I have a freind that went to Denver colorado last week and she
    claims that their were pot stores everywhere......
    In Fort Collins somke shops were literally on every corner....:cool:

Is that about what is going on in Seattle right now??
  3. Terry

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. long term use of weed......

the picture of this pot head danceing and getting down
    at the pot fest is sort of funny..

he could be the "poster boy" for the effects of smoking pot since 15.

a mind is a terrible thing to waste......

and that dude is living on hiw own planet...
    :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  5. Terry

Here is the video here

Also, the Lynnwood State Patrol say that if you have had two beers during the evening, that they can give you a DUI
    They consider an .02 in that range.
    The rest of the country is at .08 and thinking of possibly dropping it to .05

However, then I have friends that don't look like they're still in the 60's and they say it's just fine.
    I have no way of knowing personally.
    But I feel that's it's a personal choice, and what they do at home shouldn't make them a criminal. Let the police worry about stuff that matters.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  6. I know from experinece of watching a lot of my freinds flake out....
    from both Alchol and from weed too..over the years.....

2 fellows whom I went to high school with both
    drank themselves to death within a few weeks of each other.
    their passing was no great loss to the world....both about 58..

another couple of fellows I knew smoked weed to the point that I finally realized
    that their was no reason to try to talk sense to them on any subject
    because their memories were warped and paranoid....both about 58
    One of them reminds me of "the Dude" in the great lebonski movie..

I think Alchol is probably worse for you in the long run
    and our society has just gotten used to the drunks...

I think its when you start mixing them both together , then throw in some
    heavier drugs... then their lives usually go right down the toilet

try to keep doing this while you are pushing 50, 60 and on
    and eventually you will pay the price......

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  7. Terry

Longstride playing at Westlake, May 10th, 2014

Legal now in Washington State.
    It means we can stop putting families in jail for pursuing something pretty harmless.
    Let's worry about stuff that matters, not what people do in their own homes.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  8. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

In Texas they just increased the speed limit to 75 or even 80 in some areas. Police forces are already saying they will have to find other revenue streams. If they legalize pot in Texas, we would have to lay off about 75% of our police forces. Property confiscations from drug arrest are how they make money for salaries, bonuses, to drive those new fast cars, and even purchase tanks and military style gear.

All I know is the current war on drugs is not working, and continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the first sign of insanity.

The Cartels and our Government agencies make too much money to ever do the right thing. It will be a cold day in hell before they legalize it in Texas. And I think the Feds are just waiting for there to be some real money to confiscate before they swoop into Washington and Colorado. They can’t afford for this to happen, and it is all about the money.

That beer you are drinking is also a drug. As long as we keep saying “Alcohol and Drugs” instead of “Alcohol and Other Drugs”, beer and wine drinkers will still believe they don’t do drugs.

Even the Cops do drugs. After a big bust they will go have a few beers and laugh about those stupid “drug users”. If drugs were classified by toxicity instead of politics, Alcohol would be classified along with Heroin and Pot would be listed the same as Aspirin.

They need to abolish all laws that keep us from focusing on the real priorities. “It’s the economy stupid”. “It’s our foreign policy DA”. It’s making us energy independent and bringing manufacturing back to the US that is important. The “war on drugs” and “Global Warming” are just ways to keep us all in check so we don’t worry about the important things. Drugs are not the problem. The problem is the people who want you to think drugs are the problem.
  9. ogre

ogre New Member

michigan is getting there in the larger cities.
    i'm pro "choice" however i also am aware that all things carry consequences.