Cannabis Freedom March to Westlake in Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In Seattle they had the yearly Cannabis Freedom March from Volunteer Park to Westlake Mall in downtown Seattle. It was more like a funeral procession of the old laws that prevented individual usage of Marijuana. Not something I personally use, but my son's band Longstride was playing and I came down with a camcorder and recorded some music. Washington State is one of the first to de-criminalize it for home use. I still prefer having a beer, but I'm not going to worry if someone prefers something else in their own home. It's tough to beat a good IPA in Seattle with all our Micro Brewer's here. Freedom to be different. I remember a previous chief of police in Seattle mentioning that he had never gone to a domestic dispute where someone had been smoking weed before. Plenty of times they were called if someone had been drinking Tequila.

Jamie Love singing with Longstride.

Longstride at Westlake in downtown Seattle

Yeah!

cannabis_4514.jpg

Yes, they will be at Hempfest this year.

cannabis_4509.jpg

Sue pointed out there were a lot of people using walkers and crutches, perhaps we are getting older, or there are some medical conditions that MJ is being used for?
I'm still holding out for Advil.
Though I do hear that those going through Chemo may find it useful. After my first colon cancer surgery I had lost 45 pounds in six weeks. I found it hard to eat anything. Looking back on that, it may have helped. I got my appetite back after the second surgery though. Eventually I got back to my preferred weight of 200, which is fine for someone 6'-1".

cannabis_4525.jpg

Very many nice comments about the music. Jamie had them rocking out.

Afterwards Sue and I went to the Pike and had a beer and then to the waterfront for cones. It was a nice evening in Seattle.
Growing up on the Eastside, it was an unusual evening.

I thing the Bellevue Family 4th will be much different. The Bellevue Park is where my old Junior High used to be before they cleared the land for a park.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Not yet, but that's the plan

SEATTLE —Washington state businessmen who say they're trying to create the first national brand of marijuana received some heartfelt support Thursday from the former president of Mexico, Vicente Fox.
Won't affect me though. I like beer. I never did like drugs.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
long term use of weed......

the picture of this pot head danceing and getting down
at the pot fest is sort of funny..

he could be the "poster boy" for the effects of smoking pot since 15.

a mind is a terrible thing to waste......

and that dude is living on hiw own planet...
:cool:
cannabis_4525.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is the video here

Also, the Lynnwood State Patrol say that if you have had two beers during the evening, that they can give you a DUI
They consider an .02 in that range.
The rest of the country is at .08 and thinking of possibly dropping it to .05

However, then I have friends that don't look like they're still in the 60's and they say it's just fine.
I have no way of knowing personally.
But I feel that's it's a personal choice, and what they do at home shouldn't make them a criminal. Let the police worry about stuff that matters.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Here is the video here

Also, the Lynnwood State Patrol say that if you have had two beers during the evening, that they can give you a DUI
They consider an .02 in that range.
The rest of the country is at .08 and thinking of possibly dropping it to .05

However, then I have friends that don't look like they're still in the 60's and they say it's just fine.
I have no way of knowing personally.

I know from experinece of watching a lot of my freinds flake out....
from both Alchol and from weed too..over the years.....

2 fellows whom I went to high school with both
drank themselves to death within a few weeks of each other.
their passing was no great loss to the world....both about 58..

another couple of fellows I knew smoked weed to the point that I finally realized
that their was no reason to try to talk sense to them on any subject
because their memories were warped and paranoid....both about 58
One of them reminds me of "the Dude" in the great lebonski movie..

I think Alchol is probably worse for you in the long run
and our society has just gotten used to the drunks...

I think its when you start mixing them both together , then throw in some
heavier drugs... then their lives usually go right down the toilet

try to keep doing this while you are pushing 50, 60 and on
and eventually you will pay the price......

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Longstride playing at Westlake, May 10th, 2014

Legal now in Washington State.
It means we can stop putting families in jail for pursuing something pretty harmless.
Let's worry about stuff that matters, not what people do in their own homes.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
In Texas they just increased the speed limit to 75 or even 80 in some areas. Police forces are already saying they will have to find other revenue streams. If they legalize pot in Texas, we would have to lay off about 75% of our police forces. Property confiscations from drug arrest are how they make money for salaries, bonuses, to drive those new fast cars, and even purchase tanks and military style gear.

All I know is the current war on drugs is not working, and continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the first sign of insanity.

The Cartels and our Government agencies make too much money to ever do the right thing. It will be a cold day in hell before they legalize it in Texas. And I think the Feds are just waiting for there to be some real money to confiscate before they swoop into Washington and Colorado. They can’t afford for this to happen, and it is all about the money.

That beer you are drinking is also a drug. As long as we keep saying “Alcohol and Drugs” instead of “Alcohol and Other Drugs”, beer and wine drinkers will still believe they don’t do drugs.

Even the Cops do drugs. After a big bust they will go have a few beers and laugh about those stupid “drug users”. If drugs were classified by toxicity instead of politics, Alcohol would be classified along with Heroin and Pot would be listed the same as Aspirin.

They need to abolish all laws that keep us from focusing on the real priorities. “It’s the economy stupid”. “It’s our foreign policy DA”. It’s making us energy independent and bringing manufacturing back to the US that is important. The “war on drugs” and “Global Warming” are just ways to keep us all in check so we don’t worry about the important things. Drugs are not the problem. The problem is the people who want you to think drugs are the problem.

Ogre

Reaction score
Terry, I have a freind that went to Denver colorado last week and she
claims that their were pot stores everywhere......
In Fort Collins somke shops were literally on every corner....:cool:

Is that about what is going on in Seattle right now??
michigan is getting there in the larger cities.
i'm pro "choice" however i also am aware that all things carry consequences.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Wow, this really looks really cool! I would like to go to this holiday. I used to use cannabis and recently replaced it with cbd oil. I don't understand my friends who, without knowing the beneficial properties, are very hostile to cbd. I started using CBD to treat anxiety and depression. Because my illness is not so serious and my doctor suggested using cbd for calming and good sleep. It helps me calm down, but I can't say I'm fast asleep after trying it. If I suffer from insomnia, I usually have a joint. Also, I recently found one store that sells wholesale safeway.com . It is very convenient for me that I can order it online at any time. I usually keep them at home and use them when I need them.

Long term use causes depression and also stomach problems. Many users trying to self medicate are becoming horribly depressed. Since it is now legal in many states, the information is getting out. Doctors can ask the right questions and users can answer without fear of being arrested.
I have a friend that was very depressed and had lost most of his friends. His stays in the hospital would run about five days at a time. After the third doctor told him to quit or get used to the idea that hospital stays were in his future, maybe death, he gave it up. He is so much better now.

There were times we would find him passed out in his bedroom, vomit everywhere. Drive him to the hospital and pick him up five days later. Wonderful.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry, you would probably find it funny to find out that my parents grew Canabis in their garage for a while. My dad discovered that he actually got some benefit from smoking it..

I'm more of a beer fan myself, but on occasion I'll smoke a tiny bit while camping.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I never smoked pot or took any recreational drugs. I think because I joined the USN when I was 17 and the navy "frowned upon" drug use.

So they put the fear of its use in my soul

For Chemo patients like my son had and my wife it can be a blessing but neither one did use pot

If one of my employees is tested positive for Cannabis I can be fined and possibly lose my license

NYC allows the use of Cannabis BUT the DOB will spot check jobs especially on gas and here is the problem

Also what happens when an employee is high and gets into an accident driving a company truck.

My employees have been tested during a spot check by the DOB several times and thankfully no one is ever found to have any drugs or alcohol in their system

It is a catch 22

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
It has been legal for recreational use in Canada for a few years. It has been much to do about nothing so far. The province sell liquor and weed, so a least government is making some money that can be reinvested in services.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings, though have no desire to use pot nor alcohol. I think both can be destructive but the latter a far bigger problem.
In California though its "Legal" you loose your right to purchase firearms I believe to posses as well. we constantly raid illegal grow operations we don't give permits to pot shops so nearly all pot shops operate breaking at least some laws and sometimes they are shut down and arrested . I believe use of pot can effect a custody battle. using for pleasure or recreation can get you fired from a job, there is still some stigma in job and some social situations.
So to me there is a downside potential to using pot.
Here In Ca I have no idea if it makes money, they get federal funds and cops get overtime to go on raids etc. Is it better for our state? Its a whole economy cops, lawyers , city , county beurocrats, Doctors writing prescriptions because medical weed is tax free, giving permits and inspections etc is it better? can't tell

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Amazing having plastic straws is illegal, urinating in the street its ok as it is biodegradable

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Kind of a off topic but yea some disgusting issues in cities.
This is happens when drugs are allowed and when politicians have different views of their priorities.

NO PLASTIC STRAWS are allowed but illegal invaders are more than welcome

This "problem" does affect everyone. I often wondered why I and my employees had to get covid shots but those sneaking in are immune from our laws?

Who pays for these people to get free food, get FREE healthcare , free housing and no accountability

NYC is a welcome cesspool allowing anyone to enter even terrorist sleepers. Notice one thing about all these deplorable conditions?

They are caused by democratic open door policies to get more voters even non citizens are eligible to vote in some states

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some things arent related and some are . what happened when prohibition came ? what happened when it ended? is alchohol good . I think we can have alchohol and still have a decent society. I dont see all are problems on having pot legal nor belive outlawing it will solve a lot.
plastic straws I dont think about too much on my day to day But I do like them

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Some things arent related and some are . what happened when prohibition came ? what happened when it ended? is alchohol good . I think we can have alchohol and still have a decent society. I dont see all are problems on having pot legal nor belive outlawing it will solve a lot.
plastic straws I dont think about too much on my day to day But I do like them

I like an occasional beer and had a bit of weed on a few occasions in my youth (not opposed to it now, just not my thing). Society would be 100% better off if neither existed (lower healthcare costs, fewer people in Jail, fewer people on income assistance, etc.). That being said, government has to deal with the the reality it has and not the one it wished it had.

I think with all of the things we know are not good (cigarettes, alcohol, drugs) it is a matter of coming up with the policy that is going to minimize harm ... you can sell it, tax it, and use the proceeds to fund programs or the bad guy can sell it and use the proceeds to fund their activities.

I think they should ban a lot more than strews (single use coffee cups come to mind). Around here there was a land fill. There was a constant debate about adding more cells ... they were running out of room and needed more space. This debate raged on for years. The municipality banned opaque garbage bags (you can have 1) ... the amount of garbage going to the landfill dropped so significantly that the landfill now had enough room for many years (something like 20 or 50).

Maximus_Slime

Reaction score
Drinking some orange juice that's been in the fridge too long might make someone pop a .02 on the breathalyzer.

In 2003, I didn't use my turn signal one night, got pulled over, and blew a .023. $74 dollar ticket for failure to signal. I'm happy that wasn't Lynwood in 2023.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks