Bowl Section: What's supposed to be included in the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

bluenoser

Reaction score
Hi.

I had a Toto Drake C743E (with matching tank and soft close seat) delivered today. The tank and seat were all packed up nicely (i.e. never opened) but the tank box was clearly opened and poorly repackaged.

Anyway, while the bowl section looks fine, it came with nothing else - no instructions, no caps for the bolts, no anything.

My first question is: What else should normally be included in the box along with the bowl?
My second question is: Would you return the bowl or ask for a discount?

Thank you.

James

bluenoser

Reaction score
D'OH!! (Egg on Face!)

Well in answer to my own question - I checked the box that the tank came in and lo and behold everything I was asking about (instructions, caps, bolts, etc. etc.) was in there! :eek::eek::eek:

Gee, can you tell I have zero experience buying toilets! :eek:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Just to answer your original question. The only thing that normally comes with the bowl would be the bolt caps if they were not included in the parts with the tank.

Schipperke

Reaction score
Shipping

Just received a toilet tank, lid had the lugs broken off. The tank was shipped with the lid on the tank, not packed well in my opinion. I received a Toto earlier, very well packed. The tank lid was in its own box on that one.. Shipping toilets is perhaps a high risk venture if corners are cut on packing...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
20% of shipped toilets will be broken. They are porcelain, and heavy at that. I a lot of truck drivers, and even the guys that load the trucks can be very careless.
Instructions and bolt caps come with the tank. I've never seen it done otherwise.
I shipped Gerber for a while, that was a much higher percentage of breakage. There were no hand holds on the tanks and they would get dropped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks