Bowl Section: What's supposed to be included in the box?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by bluenoser, Mar 30, 2011.

1. bluenoser

bluenoser New Member

Hi.

I had a Toto Drake C743E (with matching tank and soft close seat) delivered today. The tank and seat were all packed up nicely (i.e. never opened) but the tank box was clearly opened and poorly repackaged.

Anyway, while the bowl section looks fine, it came with nothing else - no instructions, no caps for the bolts, no anything.

My first question is: What else should normally be included in the box along with the bowl?
    My second question is: Would you return the bowl or ask for a discount?

Thank you.

James
  2. bluenoser

bluenoser New Member

D'OH!! (Egg on Face!)

Well in answer to my own question - I checked the box that the tank came in and lo and behold everything I was asking about (instructions, caps, bolts, etc. etc.) was in there! :eek::eek::eek:

Gee, can you tell I have zero experience buying toilets! :eek:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Just to answer your original question. The only thing that normally comes with the bowl would be the bolt caps if they were not included in the parts with the tank.
  4. schipperke

schipperke New Member

Shipping

Just received a toilet tank, lid had the lugs broken off. The tank was shipped with the lid on the tank, not packed well in my opinion. I received a Toto earlier, very well packed. The tank lid was in its own box on that one.. Shipping toilets is perhaps a high risk venture if corners are cut on packing...
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

20% of shipped toilets will be broken. They are porcelain, and heavy at that. I a lot of truck drivers, and even the guys that load the trucks can be very careless.
    Instructions and bolt caps come with the tank. I've never seen it done otherwise.
    I shipped Gerber for a while, that was a much higher percentage of breakage. There were no hand holds on the tanks and they would get dropped.