Bath Tub Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bpags078, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bpags078

bpags078 New Member

I am replacing the bath tub in my older house and found a cast iron p trap. The old drain was brass. Can I connect a PVC drain to the cast iron P-trap?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can, though sometimes it's easier to cut out the old trap and install a new trap at the same time.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If YOU can make a connection to it, then go ahead.
  4. bpags078

bpags078 New Member

Thanks for the input. I did a bit more research and found it to be brass p trap and drain that I had removed. I am going to put a PVC drain in and see what happens.