Basement DWV-Any Issues in Photo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mista T

Reaction score
Basement DWV.jpg

Hello Forum Members - Question from new member.

The plumbing above terminates in a new 100 gal dry well I installed in my backyard (3" pipe to Flo-Well system). The waste line is dedicated for the clothes washer only. I've run 6 loads and the only issue is a small amount of soap suds coming back up through the standpipe. I now realize the standpipe is likely too short. Will a longer standpipe be the remedy? Have I committed any other blunders with this set up that need to be addressed?

Many thanks for the feedback!
Tom

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Stand pipes must be a minimum of 18" but beyond that, you have an illegal S trap and the AAV does nothing.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have an "S" trap, the standpipe is too short, the AAV is connected to a sanitary tee, and it looks like the drain is 1 1/2" pipe. Other than that it should be okay.

Reach4

Reaction score
This would solve part of the problems described. You would still want 2 inch pipe, and the standpipe would need to go high enough, and I think the AAV would have to be above the standpipe top... not sure on that.
huge2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks