Back to back installations of toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

bishoptf

Reaction score
I know this has been beat to death and I have asked before, but in the middle and discussing with my plumber which way we want to go. Toto calls out a double wye with 1/8 bends but I keep reading that in some cases it can cause s traps and the correct fitting would be a double fixture fitting. I know the preferred method would be to have each separately with vent but it's already a tight space I just can't get that to work.

I am planning on putting in 2 Toto ultramax II's, and just trying to understand which fixture of those 2 is the better one to go with?

Thanks.

back_to_back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bishoptf

Reaction score

Thanks Reach yeah I understand what Toto recommends but I have also read on this board and others that the wye 1/8 is possible that it could create a "s" trap and the double fixture, ala double combo etc ( NOT SANITARY TEE, that is what I am removing), is the one you should use. Not sure how much concern there is with the s trap when using the combination wye 1/8th.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With quick flushing toilets, the double fixture cross can still skip over into the other arm.
I know this for a fact.
abs_double_fixture.jpg

An S trap is not an issue with toilets. They are designed to siphon.
After the flush, the refill tube replenishes water in the bowl.
On the other hand, fixtures that should not siphon, such as lavs, shower and tubs, should not be S-trapped.

back_to_back.jpg

Last edited:

bishoptf

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks terry, this only serves toilets, the other fixtures are coming in with different fixtures. I will go with the wye 1/8 bends. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks