AS Cadet PRO - better or worse?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Hillel, Jul 23, 2012.

1. GoKohlerGo

GoKohlerGo Brand New Plumber

But why would you think that it was partially clogged?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The video I posted was of a working toilet.
    The video that Consumer Reports posted was of a plugged bowl.

It's not hard to see the difference. Everyone has seen a plugged bowl before.
  3. GoKohlerGo

I think it is hard. I don't think it was plugged.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Well of course the video I posted is of a good toilet.
    It works just like all the others that I install. Really good!

But I don't think talking about Consumer Reports and their imperfect conjectures about plumbing really belongs on this thread.
    The plumbers know that putting on a white lab coat doesn't make you smarter. If those guys want to come out and play, they can call anytime. We would love to see them get their hands dirty for a change.

As I recall, this has been a thread asking about American Standard Pro line, is it better than box store stuff.
    It seems like it may be.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  5. GoKohlerGo

I too, believe that the Cadet Pro is better than the Cadet 3. Better quality.
  6. gusherb94

gusherb94 Member

Hah I'm about 11 months late to respond, it's because of the plastic restrictor Fluidmaster puts in the shank to keep noise down.
  7. s--k

s--k New Member

I'm enjoying the site, reading in depth about things I never thought I'd be reading much about.

Question pertaining to the Cadet Pro...is the 1.28 model that American Standard produces in US considerably different in quality or function than their non-US 1.6 model?

US model:
    http://www.americanstandard-us.com/...ht-Elongated-1-28gpf-Toilet-Made-in-USA-6234/

Non-US model:
    http://www.americanstandard-us.com/toilets/Cadet-PRO-Right-Height-Elongated-1.6gpf-Toilet-5965/

I was told by American Standard this is the only toilet they make in the US out of all their models. The US at the end of their part number on this toilet (and also on their sinks) designates the country of origin.

Has anyone seen or used the US version to comment on?
  8. Wallijonn

Wallijonn Member

Thanks for the info, s--k. Besides the tank look (I think Toto tanks look much better), the one thing that I don't like is the bowl height at 16+1/2". Once one adds a seat the height may prove objectionable to many.