American Standard 2383.012.*** Cadet 3 reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

booboo9000

Reaction score
Hi. Doing a bathroom remodel. Was very interested in getting a Toto Drake but unfortunately, I need the product on the fast side (within a few days) and the plumbing supply company I'm using can't get me the model I need in time. Additionally, the model I want really doesn't exist because I wanted a CEFIONTECT model in "Bone" which doesn't exist except in Drake II (which I didn't want for cost reasons).

The sales person, who seems very knowledgeable, has recommended the American Standard 2383.012.021 Cadet 3 (.021 is bone). I've looked up reviews and they are either stellar or horrible. Nothing in-between. I assume this means it's of superior design but potentially poor manufacturing.

Can anyone out there give me some advice? Is the CEFIONTECT really a great feature? Is the EverClean as good as CEFIONTECT? Does the fact that I'm getting it from a Plumbing Supply company better than getting it from Home Depot (I read about higher quality going to plumbing supply? - They beat Home Depot's price by $50 anyway).

Any help on this QUICKLY would be really very much appreciated!

THANKS MUCH!!!

Andy

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's not as nice as the Drake, but then you are paying less too.

cadet-pro-07.jpg

Last edited:

booboo9000

Reaction score
Thanks for the note, Terry. I agree it's not as nice, but do you have any opinion on the questions I posed regarding CEFIONTECT vs. EverClean?

Additionally, do you know of any independent reviews of the Am. Standard that exist?

THX

Andy

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The reviews on this forum are about as "independent" as you'll find. The writers are not promoting their own businesses, so you are getting personal experiences and not hype to sell. The popular belief is that AS sells their cull toilets to discount chains at a very low price. Often these are returned and replaced by the store and AS replaces the store's inventory. At least one of the problems AS has is the Mexican clay they use is too moist, and the toilets often sag in the kiln. It appears that their quality control catches the bad toilets, but they shuffle them off to the discount houses and the "real" plumbing supply house get the best grade. I don't know how true all of this is, but returns of bad AS toilets run about 25%. Professional plumbers can't stand this because time is money for them and they waste a lot of time with returns. Toto does not discount rejects. I'm sure they have some, but we consumers never see them. I find it hard to believe that in a major metropolitan area such a you are in that there are no Toto Drakes available. Call around. A toilet is a purchase that should last for many years, so don't settle for #2.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks