1. nelsonba

nelsonba New Member

Does anyone know of an online supply store that carries air testing equipment for DWV systems? I'm planning to test on the 1 1/2" sink drain, but don't have any of the equipement needed.

Thanks,
    Barry
  2. got_nailed

got_nailed DIY Senior Member

I just reduce it down till I can get a 1/2 brass T into. One side into the plumbing, one side to a shredder valve, and the one side to a PSI gage.
  3. nelsonba

nelsonba New Member

Are the shredder valves and gauges available at big box stores, or would I need to go to a plumbing supply store?
  4. got_nailed

got_nailed DIY Senior Member

Sometimes it is hard to find the shredder valves. But yes you should be able to find them in the big box store.

If you use a on off valve you can use a quick disconnect fitting right into your compressor. Just turn the presser down to about 5 over where you want it before you start.
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Try Schrader valve (similar to the one on your tire). I never looked for one, so can't help where to buy one with a threaded connection.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

gauge

find a store that has a 15psi gas testing gauge. It will have everything already assembled including the Schrader valve.