Air in water

Users who are viewing this thread

Tjb

Reaction score
Having a problem with air getting in water. When the faucets are turned on they chug and have tiny bubbles in the water. The water looks cloudy, but but clears up quickly when air rises to the top. Could I have a small hole in pressure tank bladder? Or some other problem?

Tjb

Reaction score
Have a submersible pump.

Probably a suction leak if you have a well pump.

Well is 160 ft deep. Water level at 60 ft when originally drilled. 10 years old. Submersible 3/4 hp pump. 44 gallon extrol pressure tank. How and where do I look for a suction leak?

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
If it's a submersible pump it's not a suction problem and if it's an amtrol tank I doubt that it's a bladder problem. Air is being carried into the pump suction for some reason causing the aireated water.

If it has started recently it can be that the water table has dropped and pump isn't set deep enough in the well causing it to suck in air with the water. In this case the solution would be to lower the pump a little.

It would be helpful if you knew the depth to the water and the depth the pump is set at.

Tjb

Reaction score
That is what I was afraid of. This has been happening for awhile. Probably more than a year. The crazy thing is, we turned on the sprinkler system, because it has been very dry, and after a week or so the air stopped. One other thing , the only places where we get the air is in the hard water faucets. If it goes through the softener, there are no bubbles.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
May have a hole in the down hole pipe. Remove the above ground check valve. If the pressure drops when no water is being used, you have a hole in the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks