Advice on well pump set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Limitless

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I recently purchased 20 acres in Temecula California to retire. The land has an 800' well with liner no pump no house/mobile home yet. Sadly it's a slow yielding well at 1.5 GPM's. I'm leaning towards a 3hp pump approximately 700' feet down, a booster to a 5000 gallon reservoir. What do you guy's think about solar? I get good sunlight in Temecula California. With the crazy inflation we are working with a tight budget, and love the idea of doing most everything ourselfs. What brands do you guy's recommend? I am looking for quality and affordability. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 0214221516.jpg
    0214221516.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 107
  • 0510211441_HDR.jpg
    0510211441_HDR.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 0601221658.jpg
    0601221658.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 104

Reach4

Reaction score
You will want something to shut down the pump for a while if the well runs dry.

I don't know about solar for the pump, but if you have commercial power available, I suspect you will be better off using that money for something that can feed power back to the power grid.

I would be thinking a 1.5 HP 3-wire 5 gpm pump, such as the Grundfos 5S15-31 When you see a pump advertised just as a 3 HP pump, that may not be strong enough to lift your water.

Limitless

Reaction score
You will want something to shut down the pump for a while if the well runs dry.

I don't know about solar for the pump, but if you have commercial power available, I suspect you will be better off using that money for something that can feed power back to the power grid.

I would be thinking a 1.5 HP 3-wire 5 gpm pump, such as the Grundfos 5S15-31 When you see a pump advertised just as a 3 HP pump, that may not be strong enough to lift your water.
Thank you Reach4 for the reply. I have heard lots of good about the Grundfos pumps, and will definitely consider one. I'll look into a system that will shut off when wayer level is too slow to avoid obvious damage.