advice on toilet for kids?

Users who are viewing this thread

remodelingmom

Reaction score
As I remodel our house, I am looking for a high-efficiency toilet for a kids' bathroom. Two questions. First, would you agree that these are good characteristics to look for?

1) Water Sense compliant--Am I right that a toilet that is 1.28 gpf but not dual flush will conserve water without the bowl stain problem many dual flushes have? Green is important to us, but I can't expect young kids to make regular use of a toilet brush!

2) Skirted. Am I right that this make the toilet's exterior easier to keep clean, giving my kids' imperfect aim?

3) NOT ADA compliant. I assume ADA-compliant would make the toilet harder for them to use. The three kids range from a tall six-year-old to a one-year-old with the potty training years yet to come.

Second, can anyone recommend a high quality toilet that combines these characteristics? I'd love to buy a Toto, but so far haven't found one that is a skirted, non-ADA HET.

Many thanks!

cst416-01.jpg

CST416M

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks