1.6 or 1.2 Toto Soiree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark_G

Reaction score
Toto has recently announced a lower gal/flush Soiree. Our well is a naturally flowing artesian, so there is little need to conserve water--except that it will probably tax the septic system less (and that may be enough to justify).

My main question is whether we shd get the 1.2 or 1.6 version of this toilet? Toto says they shd perform equally, but I want some add'l feedback. We're buying five of them, so the investment is significant, and we have little previous experience with low water consumption toilets.

Also, if you were to inventory any spare parts (for things that do wear out), what might they be, for this toilet? We're miles from anything plumbing-oriented.

Thanks for the feedback and advice!

--Mark

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It should perform as well as the other eco-Totos. It's my understanding that they actually dump the same amount of water, but they've more carefully calibrated the refill so it doesn't overfill quite as much. Pretty much all toilets put more water than will stay in the bowl during refill...it just continues to overflow and go down the drain. If you carefully adjust, it stops when both the tank and the bowl are just filled. I also heard that if you don't like it, you can change the fill valve, and it reverts back to the 1.6gallon flush.

The only things normally needed for maintenance on those toilets are the repair cap gasket (available at Lowes) and the flapper valve (also available at Lowes). Both are quick and easy to replace.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Don't worry about purchasing the 1.2 gpf toilet, they work fine.

I installed an aquia ll and an eco drake a couple of months ago. The aquia dual flush uses .9 gph with the small button.
After installing it, I experimented with only using the low flush button no matter what the reason for my visit The .9 button works so well for everything, in the over two months I've had the toilets, I have yet to use the big button. It has become a challenge to see if I can overwhelm the small button, but so far I haven't been able to do so.
The 1.2 gph eco drake was installed in the other bathroom because the aquia wouldn't fit, and it has solved all of the clogging problems we had with the replaced toilet...
I see no need to go bigger than 1.2 That is just a laymans opinion, but it works for me...

Tso1ab

Reaction score
Except for a Drake, I’m struggling with the same decision, 1.6 or 1.28. My question, if they both work equally well, and are the same price, why would anyone purchase the 1.6? And, if they're functionally the same, why does Toto even offer the 1.6? My drain lines are cast, might that be a factor for 1.6?

Donn2390

Reaction score
Except for a Drake, I’m struggling with the same decision, 1.6 or 1.28. My question, if they both work equally well, and are the same price, why would anyone purchase the 1.6? And, if they're functionally the same, why does Toto even offer the 1.6? My drain lines are cast, might that be a factor for 1.6?

Before someone who actually knows what they are talking about answers, I'll chime in again.
I was told by the vendor that sold me mine that the 1.6 is being discontinued, and when they're gone, they're gone. I don't know if that's true or not, but after using the 1.2 with such great success, I would believe there is no need to make a 1.6.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks