Toto Soiree and Guinevere toilet review and comments

Users who are viewing this thread

JH

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion about Toto’s Soiree or Guinevere models with Double Cyclone™: flushing technology.

Toto says Soiree or Guinevere is equal to or superior to the UltraMax in performance.

How quiet are these models compared to the UltraMax?

Are they worth the extra $ compared to the UltraMax (relating to performance) or is someone paying extra $ for a different look?

ms964-terrylove-01.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Guinevere and the TOTO Soiree.
These are two of what I consider the best of what TOTO has. In the last two years, I've sold 121 of these.
Most are in high end homes, but sometimes just older homes in Seattle.
They look great and flush well.

The best features are the comfort height bowl, the bowl is 16-1/8" before you add for the nice slow closing seat.
The skirted base, which makes for easier cleaning.
When replacing bowls, this is nice, it will cover almost any footprint that has been left on the floor.
Since the back of the bowl is slimmer then the Carlyle, you only need 5-1/2" to the left of center for the shutoff.
Since most plumber rough-in at 6" or more, they will fit almost anywhere.
You also have the option of using the standard 12" rough-in that comes with the toilet, or installing with a 10" or 14" Unifit.

This is great for both older homes, with 14" rough-in, (Many homes in the 20's had 14") or homes with the rough-in too close to the wall.
Parts are easy to get, we use the same basic parts in all of the TOTO toilets, so if you have a part for one, you can pretty much fix the entire lineup.

Real customers are reporting back that they love the toilets.
I have one customer, a neigbor of Bill Gates in Medina, that started with two of the Guinevere, and when he found that he liked them, he ordered three more for a total of five.
Steve Balmer went with the Neorest600 in his master bath, it also has a adapter like the unifit, CEFIONTECT and double cyclone rinse, but with the added feature of the Washlet seat and automatic functions.
I hear back that he's thinking of getting more of them.

The bread and butter of the TOTO line is the Drake and the Ultramax, and the top of the line is the Guinevere and the Soiree. Unless you are thinking of the Neorest lineup. Off all the brands I'm selling, the Toto has the least problems and the highest customer satisfaction. I sell all brands, and we do about 2,000 toilets a year.

We also see what people are replacing and what they think of those.
Most of the business is made of repeat customers and referrals.
Some brands sell themselves, and some are installed for a short while, until we come to pull them out.
Terry Love
December 4, 2009

Guinevere toilets this week for the Seattle area.
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/39-eco-guinevere-toilet.html

ms964-terrylove-02.jpg

I have the Soiree in stock now too,

Last edited:

JH

Reaction score
Experience with Toto Soiree or Guinevere

Does anyone have any experience with either of these new models? Comments in general or vs UltraMax? I think I am leaning toward the Guinevere. Thanks.

soiree_cyclone.jpg

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
missed this thread...
My 2 cents. If I had to do my Kohler bathroom remodel over again--I would have bought the Soiree suite instead (pedestal sink and toilet). I encourage anyone doing a remodel to look at it. another great design from TOTO..

I assume the toilet performance is what one would expect from TOTO. (good)

ms974-01.jpg

TOTO Guinevere pedestal lav and toilet suite

fjs

Reaction score
Terry said:
I have a couple of the Soriee toilets on order to find out.

I will let you know in a couple of months what I think.

Have you gotten a chance to review the Soiree yet?

I currently have 3 UltraMax'es in my house and absoutely love them. At the time of purchase, spending $1200 to replace 3 practically brand new (but useless:mad: ) builder's special (Mansfield) toilet sounded crazy. But after 2 years of trouble free toileting:D I will not hesitate to replace those builder's special again. As a matter of fact, I am moving in a few months and the new house will come with Kohler K-3439 Memoirs. Unfortunately, Kohler doesn't seem to get very good reviews despite the fact these are not cheap toilets (especially comparing to the Mansfields which I saw at Home Depot for under $100). Anyways, I think I will be toilet shopping very soon and this time, I just have to pick which toto i want. And would love to know if the new cyclone is really better than the proven gmax?

Thanks in advance!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Why not just swap your Totos with the Kohlers? Then you can tell your buyers that all the toilets were recently replaced with -- TaDa! -- Kohlers! They'll be ecstatic, and you'll have your old, comfy, effective Totos.

Mike50 said:
I would have bought the Soiree suite instead (pedestal sink and toilet).

A pedestal toilet :confused: ?

Last edited:

fjs

Reaction score
Believe me that crossed my mind and that's one of my option. But the new cyclone is supposed to be stronger and quieter:p Besides, I really like the look of the soiree, especially the lid. So the question remains, is the new cyclone really better than the gmax?

Mark H.

Reaction score
Toto Soiree

[EDITED 9/22/06]

I just ordered the Toto Soiree CFG today. We have a two-piece, G-Max, ADA compliant Toto at the office, and it is "just OK" in my opinion, because it does not clean the bowl adequately.

Here's why I went with the Soiree:

1.) The wider footprint of the skirted design looks like it would be more stable for a heavy person;
2.) It has the "Double Cyclone" flushing system, used on the super-expensive Neorest, that spins a stream around the upper bowl to help keep it clean; and,
3.) It's a one-piece toilet.

I'll report back on performance once I receive it and have it installed, compared to my experience with the G-Max unit at work.

Best wishes,

Mark H.

P. S. I decided not to get the Great John for now, mainly because it would sit within about an inch of the cabinets when installed, making it very difficult to clean that side. I found a dealer online who has it in stock in bisque and bone for $1379 delivered, which seems reasonable for a specialty toilet, but I just couldn't justify trying to fit such a large commode in the limited space I have. I'm a little disappointed, because I was willing to give it a try. On the other hand, I'm sure we'll be happy with the new Soiree.

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Mark H. said:
[EDITED 9/22/06]

I just ordered the Toto Soiree CFG today. We have a two-piece, G-Max, ADA compliant Toto at the office, and it is "just OK" in my opinion, because it does not clean the bowl adequately.

Here's why I went with the Soiree:

1.) The wider footprint of the skirted design looks like it would be more stable for a heavy person;
2.) It has the "Double Cyclone" flushing system, used on the super-expensive Neorest, that spins a stream around the upper bowl to help keep it clean; and,
3.) It's a one-piece toilet.

I'll report back on performance once I receive it and have it installed, compared to my experience with the G-Max unit at work.
On the other hand, I'm sure we'll be happy with the new Soiree.

So, Mark, do you have the Soiree installed? What do you think about it?

Mark H.

Reaction score
Soiree Arrived!

Hi Steve,

My Soiree just arrived, 10 weeks after ordering it! The plumber came out, but he will have to drill holes in our concrete slab to place new mounting bolts (the Soiree is replacing an American Standard Plebe), so he has rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

I will post my impressions within the next few days.

Best wishes,

Mark H.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
soiree_cyclone.jpg

Congratulations - will be looking forward to hearing your review. I am about to re-do our main-floor bathroom and am thinking about getting a Toto Aquia - but might just go for the Soiree instead if it looks like the bowl wash is better.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So, what's the verdict, Mark? Do you like the Soiree?
What are the pros and cons?
Thanks!

ms964-terrylove-01.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Toto Guinevere toilet and supply location

I want to replace a 1920's toilet with a Toto Guinevere. Toto recommends a supply 8" left of center and 4 1/2" from the floor, but my supply is 6" left of center and 12" from the floor. I would have to damage a nice subway tile wall to relocate it, so I'd rather not.
It looks like the supply might fit in below the tank -- the supply projects 5" -- but Toto's drawings don't give measurements in that area. Does anyone know if that supply location would work with the Guinevere?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Six inches from the left of center works with a 1/4 turn valve.
And 12" from the floor means you can have the valve 3" to the left of center even. There is plenty of room for the shutoff.

ms974_02.jpg

Installed and ready to be caulked at the floor.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks