Any problems with TOTO Guinevere or Soiree?

Users who are viewing this thread

bethonan

Reaction score
I have been researching toto toilets and have come across some complaints about the Guinevere and Soiree making a dripping sound after flushing. Does anyone have this problem?

The Guinevere and Soiree toilets ares significantly more expensive than the Drake. Does the double cyclone action help with the "skid mark" problem that occurs with totos? I will pay extra but only if it works and doesn't drip. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I will pay extra but only if it works and doesn't drip.

Then buy a model with the porcelain trap.
The trapway on the Soiree and the Guinevere are plastic, that's the only reason you hear anything.
Most people that "own" them, like them.
You get used to it pretty quickly.
Kind of like the clock on the dash, or the refrigerator humming.
If can remember to listen for it after a week, then you seriously have issues other than, I can hear the toilet for a few seconds after using it.

My whole house makes noises all night long.
I can't even begin to document all the various sounds and creaks it makes. Heck, I even have birders in attic with a little nest that make these Gawd Awful chirping noises in the morning while I'm trying to sleep.
I wonder how you do it, if a few seconds is too much. Ear muffs?

ms964-02.jpg

It's really annoying when the mother bird hangs onto the screen of my window, it seems like she's looking right into my bedroom.
scritch, scratch.....and off it flies again.

I've sold a few hundred of them. My neighbor next door has them, likes them.

Last edited:

bethonan

Reaction score
plastic trap vs. porcelain trap?

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the quick reply and bird's nest picture and story. I am one of those ridiculous people that the drip would drive nuts. Which totos have a porcelain trap? Or which toilets in general have a porcelain trap? Thanks for your help and this great website. I have never seen so much potty talk!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Any toilet that is not skirted (you can see the outline of the p/trap).
Except for the Aquia II that has a skirt and china trapway.
I would recommend the Gwyneth it has all the functions of the Soiree but not skirted.
Double cyclon helps to rim wash and it also has CEFIONTECT finish to clean the bowl easier but you can get skid marks on any toilet depending on your diet.
http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail/tabid/75/Default.aspx?ProductId=3f7d0f6e-aef0-4b4b-947b-f7912eeb1c3a&SearchId=276a3cb3-50c9-479f-a308-ffc3fd3df114

Last edited:

ttmatsu

Reaction score
Look at the Gwenyth. No skirt so it isn't as clean looking - looks like a regular toilet. It has double cyclone flushing like the models you are looking at. I'm buying 2 (master and downstairs) along with a eco-drake for the kids bathroom. I have 3.5 gallon toilets that flush great but it's time I contributed to conserving water in the desert area of SoCal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks