Search results

1. V1rtu0s1ty

not sure where to post it

Forgive me folks. I'm not really sure where to post my question. We have a small chest freezer. We defrosted it so we can remove the ice on the sides. However, while I was away, my wife put it sideways so she can clean it easily. Next day, she told me that it wasn't cooling enough. It was...
  2. V1rtu0s1ty

Getting rid of water hammer

I built a homebrew automated sprinkler system with the use orbit 3/4" sprinkler valves and garden hoses. It's just connected to the spigot outside. That means, it's temporary and I will have to remove it in winter. It's working pretty well. However, even though it's temporary, I would like to...
  3. V1rtu0s1ty

adding pressure

just curious. Is it possible to add more pressure after the spigot outside? I mean, is there a product that can be added in between the outside spigot and the sprinkler head so that it can handle more sprinkler head or maybe more water per gallon?
  4. V1rtu0s1ty

Archway, Help please...I'm out of ideas

Good morning folks. My wife wants me to do a similar project and that is the archway or maybe something similar. However, the area where I need to put an archway has a problem. It has an air return. I need to put an archway or whatever they call it so I will be able to separate the kitchen(where...
  5. V1rtu0s1ty

black flexible pipe and winter

Good morning folks, I would like to install a poor man's sprinkler since I don't have any grass right now. It's bare soil. I call it poor man's because the sprinkler valve is removable and is only hooked to a spigot outside. But I was thinking of putting the pipe and the sprinkler head...
  6. V1rtu0s1ty

decreasing xmas lights lenght

Good morning folks. Is it very bad to shorten xmas lights? The porch roof is only 18 ft and I have 25 ft of xmas lights. I don't want any hanging wires with lights to make it looks nice. If it's ok, I will do it next year. :) Thanks.
  7. V1rtu0s1ty

turning off a lamp

Hi folks, I'm going to build a mini greenhouse for a plant. Inside this mini greenhouse is a 100 or 150 watt lamp. I'm looking for a cheap solution that can turn OFF this lamp when temperature inside greenhouse reaches 40F. It can also turn the lamp to ON when temp inside greenhouse goes...
  8. V1rtu0s1ty

Plan to cut the copper pipe

Hi folks, Instead of hiring someone to install a second meter, I'm planning to just cut the copper pipe going to the outside spigot. It's 3/4" pipe then becomes 1/2" then to the spigot. Or maybe, I'll use a 1" copper pipe instead of 3/4" like what I said on the drawing. Below is the picture of...
  9. V1rtu0s1ty

What do you think about this design?

Hi folks, Rainbird sent this to me. I have a question regarding the area where I drew a color blue circle. Is there something missing or something that needs to be remove on that area? I know that our village code requires us to install BFP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Neil
  10. V1rtu0s1ty

drain valve and removing water

hi folks. I was at ******* this evening again checking the items I need to buy for my underground sprinkler project. While browsing for some risers, I saw a product made by Orbit. It's an automatic drain valve. Do I need to put one of those? If so, should it be near the sprinkler head...
  11. V1rtu0s1ty

1" poly pipe

Hi folks, I went to M3nards to look for a black 1" poly pipe. They don't have it. The polypipe I saw at Home Depot was only 1/2". Where can I buy them? And are they expensive? Thanks, Neil
  12. V1rtu0s1ty

rainbird 52sa

Does anyone here have 52SA? If so, does the water come out like the picture below? Thanks!
  13. V1rtu0s1ty

Changing pipe size

Hi folks, If existing pipe coming from wall of house is 1/2" then we attach a 1" pipe, will there be change in GPM? Thanks!
  14. V1rtu0s1ty

How many hose bibs

my sprinkler project has been stalled for many months due to projects in the office and many unexpected gettogethers. I have already contacted the plumbing company and they can put a second meter. I will just call them when I am ready. So, for putting a sprinkler system for a 9500-9700 sqft...
  15. V1rtu0s1ty

2nd meter

I'm getting a second meter. I will use this for my future irrigation system. However, what should I tell the installer so that I will have a really good pressure? I remember, he told me that I need 1" meter. However, I don't know what he was talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  16. V1rtu0s1ty

village won't allow me

Ok folks. This morning, I contacted the village just to inquire about the second water line. It's because, our sewer is billed against water usage. I hate it. Anyways, he asked me why I would like and told him that I want to have an irrigation system. He told me that I'm not allowed to put it...
  17. V1rtu0s1ty

Off topic question on irrigation

Hi folks, I don't know where to ask this question. I was hoping you can shed some light. This isn't really for whole lawn sprinkler system. I'm thinking of buying a submersible pump which is 1/3 HP and capable of 22 gallons per minute according to the specs. What I am planning to do is...
  18. V1rtu0s1ty

why do pipes burst

Hi folks, I would like to know why pipes burst? It happened to my friend. He didn't have any garden hose connected to his faucet outside. And he also told me that it didn't happen during winter. I would like to know so I can prevent it from happening when I build mine(the pipe for sprinkler...
  19. V1rtu0s1ty

finding GPM for flow test

I'm back guys. I have downloaded the document from Rain Bird where we draw our property. I've finished drawing it. However, there is another form that I need to fill out. There was one item there that I don't know what to write. It is the flow test. The unit is in GPM, gallons per minute. How do...
  20. V1rtu0s1ty

Back up sump pump

We just move in to the new house, about 1 month now. Today, there was a power outage. Fortunately, there were thunder and lightning, but rain didn't come. So, that reminds me of installing a backup sump pump. Can someone please recommend to me a reliable backup sump pump for a DIYer like me...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks