Search results

1. King3244

Burping toilet

Hi, I have searched for an answer to this but with no success for my particular problem which is as follows. I have a rancher with a walkout basement, two bathrooms upstairs one in the master bath and a powder room and two (back to back) downstairs....one in the a master bath and one in a...
  2. King3244

sewer spill on ground

I had a sewer leak in my crawl space and I read on this thread somewhere but can't find it in the search function that I could spread lye on it to soak up and dry out the area......yes or no?
  3. King3244

Venting problem

I have a 20 year old house which we have lived in for 5 years. For the first 4 or so years we had no plumbing venting problems......THEN.....I replaced all the toilets with Elger Titan toilets(6 litre flush).....great toilets by the way.....only have to flush those babies once. Now I have two...
  4. King3244

Water hammer update

Thanks to all who responded............it was indeed a faulty pressure regulator valve! I slapped a guage on there and it showed 50 lbs flowing but it would creep up to 100 lbs static indicating a leak between sides of the valve. New valve installed............voila.........no hammer! :D...
  5. King3244

Water hammer

I have a water hammer problem but only when the taps are opened not on closing.........same thing or different? For instance when the toilets flush we will get a bang but not after they have finished filling, likewise the hammer comes when the washing machine is filling but not when it stops...
  6. King3244

Leaking swivel joint on chrome trap

I have just installed a new lav. with an exposed chome trap. The swivel joint is leaking very slowly and I have tightened it as much as I dare. Can I use some plumbers putty on this joint or any other suggestions? King
  7. King3244

gas shut off valve

Hey guys, I am doing some re running of water lines and I want to replace my old water shut off with a ball valve. I picked one up and now as I was screwing in the fittings I noticed that it said "for gas". Can I use it as a water shut off?? :eek: If possible I need answers fast as I am...
  8. King3244

vanity rough in for drain

I am installing a vanity with a sink that sits on top of the vanity. The vanity has two banks of drawers one on either side with a 48 inch opening between them. The front of this opening will have a skirt to hide the trap etc. Say about 12 inches. What height should I rough in my waste...
  9. King3244

Water heater pressure valve leaking

The pressure valve on my hot water heater just started dripping the other day...........it leaks maybe a cup of water every couple of days. What gives? Do I need to replace it? I opened it and let it reseat but no help. King3244
  10. King3244

Underground toilet rough in

I am installing a new toilet in my basement and am doing the rough in. I have some problems with space, can I use a 3x3x3 tee y on its back rather than a y? My gut tells me no but I am hoping that I can. King
  11. King3244

Toilet brand question

I was on this site awhile back and someone (Terry I think) had a "sticky" posted with a run down on different toilet brands and prices. Now I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. I am interested in a low flush. Thanks, King
  12. King3244

low flush toilet in basement

hello everyone and Merry Christmas to all. I am getting ready to install a low flush toilet in our basement bathroom and some guy told my wife that it is not a good idea to do that because.........well he never really said. I have two toilets upstairs one low flush and one regular and we...
  13. King3244

Re-locating toilet

I am relocating my existing basement toilet (under slab) about 6 feet downstream from my old one. I also am adding another toilet back to back with it (on the other side of a wall for a half bath) and my question is concerning venting for the toilets. The old toilet was installed when the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks