low flush toilet in basement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by King3244, Dec 24, 2004.

1. King3244

King3244 New Member

hello everyone and Merry Christmas to all.

I am getting ready to install a low flush toilet in our basement bathroom and some guy told my wife that it is not a good idea to do that because.........well he never really said.

I have two toilets upstairs one low flush and one regular and we are on septic which is one of the reasons I want to convert over to low flush.

Thanks, King
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Advice is plentiful.

I've sold plenty of toilets for septics that are 1.6 and also the dual flush 1.6/0.8 which use even less water.
    I'm running 250 plus feet out to the main line now. I don't see a problem.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Since 1992, it has been illegal to sell a "regular" toilet, so I don't know what the guy was suggesting. You s are going to have a low-flush. Period.

Now, as Terry mentioned, there are good ones and not-so-good ones, so do your research. Excellent info available on Terry's website.
  4. King3244

King3244 New Member

Even on Christmas day I get the answers! :D

Thanks guys and I will definately check out and get one of the recommended toilets. I didn't buy what this guy was saying but you know wives.........some schmoo walkin around in the store knows more than good old hubby. :rolleyes:

King