Search results

1. Nikita

Is this line for water dispenser?

TLDR: is line D on attached photo meant for splicing in water dispenser? I have a relatively new house in which kitchen countertop water dispenser was planned (counter hole drilled) but fixture never installed. I am about to actually install it; Insinkerator dispenser instructions say that I...
  2. Nikita

No reason for sealant on PP kitchen p-trap, right?

I needed to reassemble a kitchen disposal and, when disassembled existing setup, noticed traces of some sort of sealant on p-trap threads (photo attached). Can't tell if putty or teflon tape? Wasn't using either on PP useless - and maybe even counterproductive? ie when reassembling, should I...
  3. Nikita

new Grohe Eurocube shower faucet hard to turn

Howdy, Our plumber just installed two new dual-function Grohe Eurocube 19 925 shower faucets. They are both very hard to turn - both the diverter and flow controls. Almost to the point where turning one control "drags" the other along. Is there something that can be done to ease operation? In...
  4. Nikita

is it possible to over-tighten tub drain flange?

I recently replaced a bathtub drain flange along with the rubber gasket that goes between the (acrylic or fiberglass?) tub and ABS train shoe. The shoe & tub are likely ~ 20 years old. Put stain-free putty 'ring' on the flange and tightened it. See a small leak from around the shoe area (cannot...
  5. Nikita

tub overflow cover

I have two bath+showers at home with seemingly existing identical fixtures - in master and second bedrooms. Am in the middle of replacing trim in the master and ran into a problem with installing a tub overflow cover of all things: Currently, there is no overflow cover in the master tub, but...
  6. Nikita

Grohe Slip fit tub spout not flush against wall - should I trim pipe or just silicone around base?

I just replaced a slip-fit tub spout with another model of approximately the same exterior length (see diagram). The new spout does not sit flush against the wall (see photo). I wonder if: it could be because the pipe is protruding too much and I should trim it (to what length). Currently it's...
  7. Nikita

under kitchen sink plastic plumbing - to seal or not to seal?

Hello, I am looking to replace my kitchen sink and with it, the plumbing setup under it (here's my current setup). I suppose I will be getting plastic (PVC?) fittings but am confused as to whether I will need a sealing agent to seal the various connections - one to waste drain, p-trap, tail...
  8. Nikita

Is flexible drain kit appropriate for my kitchen sink?

Hello, I am replacing my 2-bowl kitchen sink with a new model whose left bowl (connected to disposal) will be ~ 3.5" deeper. Looking to replace plumbing as well (see current setup) and, concerned about space, came across a flexible drain kit. Looks convenient. Any reason not to use one and go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks