Search results

1. Didymus21

Kitchen P-trap leaking. What am I missing?

Feel like I've tried everything. I even left disposer disconnected and only filled trap and it still had a leak after about 10 minutes from the threaded connection. Am I missing something, or could this part be bad? If I buy another, will I need to cut off and re-solvent connect? Would it be...
  2. Didymus21

Reasonable to assume I've got a clogged vent? (Video)

This fun little annoyance started a few weeks back after working on some of my plumbing. I moved a toilet in an adjacent bathroom, to include rerouting some DWV piping. The two toilets share a vent stack. The water from the bowl is siphoning out. Not completely, but it is obvious that it recedes...
  3. Didymus21

Lukewarm water, not a heater issue...?

OK, so I recently replumbed the house and bought a new HPWH. Everything with the HPWH seems to be working fine. My replumb was with Propex and I did a remote multi-port tee system to reduce the number of fittings. It is a 1400sq ft 3 bd, 2 bath house. I've attached a picture of the tee's and...
  4. Didymus21

copper stub ells into shower valve

Had extra propex copper stubs. Does this seem like a reasonable use of them? Anyone see a problem with this? My other thought was to solder a propex Fitting to a 90 deg street, or something to that effect. Picture is below.
  5. Didymus21

Running 3/4" pex to water heater in 2X4 wall

Hi there, Working on replumbing the house and I've struggled to find a good game plan for running the last few lines to the water heater. The rigid plumbing goes through garage sole plate and takes a 90 degree up. Then, when it stubs out it takes another 90 degree. I have tees to run...
  6. Didymus21

Help with my toilet plumbing design

Hi all, So I moved my toilet from one area of the bathroom to another. Everything drains into a vertical stack that goes up through the roof. I'm trying to figure out the best approach for draining the toilet back to this stack. Here is the stack: This picture shows approximate...
  7. Didymus21

1/2" copper main to 3/4" Pex main runs

Hi there, Newer member here. I'm about to install a Pex-a system in my 70's ranch style, one-level home. This system will be replacing an old galvanized system. What I'm interpreting as the main line from the meter is copper. It appears that this main line bends up and forms a Tee with a 3/4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks