Running 3/4" pex to water heater in 2X4 wall

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Didymus21, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Didymus21

Didymus21 New Member

Hi there,

Working on replumbing the house and I've struggled to find a good game plan for running the last few lines to the water heater.

The rigid plumbing goes through garage sole plate and takes a 90 degree up. Then, when it stubs out it takes another 90 degree. I have tees to run over and finish the washer plumbing, but the 90's in the 2X4 wall I'm having trouble with. I'm using Uponor Pex and don't know how I can get the extreme bends completed. How do I stub out with 3/4"? The bend supports I found from uponor will not fit in the 2X4 wall. If this was 1/2" I could do it no problem, but I can't find good options for 3/4"

Thanks for any advice.
    IMG_20140324_131544_238.jpg
  2. DaveHo

DaveHo Member

Is there some reason you don't want to use a 90 deg el? I can understand not wanting extra connections, but you're already going to have the T's. Personally, I'd run PEX to the T's & then stub out from there to the WH & WM with copper.
  3. Didymus21

Didymus21 New Member

Partly because I bought all the propex fittings online (for WH and laundry box for WM, as well as shut off valve). I can return them for a restocking fee if I have to. Also, I can't physically get a 90 deg fitting into the sole plate hole. I suppose I could try to auger it out more to get more play...
  4. Didymus21

Didymus21 New Member

I think propex discontinued their 3/4" copper stub ells