Search results

1. Flipperman2a2w

Should I replace my pressure tank?

I've been doing some upgrades and improvements around the house, and I've been debating whether to break my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule by replacing my pressure tank. It's 16 years old and has quite a bit of corrosion on the outside, since it is located outside (under a fiberglass...
  2. Flipperman2a2w

LP Water Heater Installation Question(s)

Hi Everyone- I’ve decided to replace my 15 year old Bradford White gas water heater. The old one was making banging noises, so I flushed it twice. The water was brown for a day before settling, and now the pressure relief valve drips. It also looks like the sealant between the tank and the...
  3. Flipperman2a2w

Failed Studor Vent Affecting Other Fixtures?

Would a failed studor vent under my kitchen sink affect the venting of other fixtures in the house?
  4. Flipperman2a2w

Toilets Burping Septic/Sewer Gas...

I wasn't sure what forum to post this under, as my problem potentially pertains to a number of different areas (toilets, septic, venting, etc.) House is 11 years-old. We bought it 5 years ago and used it as a vacation home for 4 of those year. We started living in the house full-time almost...
  5. Flipperman2a2w

Connecting 220V Stenner pump

Can I connect a 220V Stenner pump to the load side of a 230V pressure switch or will the higher voltage burn out the Stenner pump? If so, why would they even sell 220V Stenner pumps, since the majority of well pumps are 230V? My well pump appears to be connected to a 250V/30 Amp double breaker.
  6. Flipperman2a2w

Hydro-Charger reducing flow rate?

I have a well in a vacation home in the mountains with considerably high iron (over 20ppm). The previous owners of the house had a Birm filter in place that they used to backwash periodically and a water softener. I tested the flow rate on the well about a year ago and only got 2.5-3gpm. The...
  7. Flipperman2a2w

Well Terminology (Flow Rate VS Water Pressure)

I have a few questions about the terminology used, when it comes to well yield: Can anyone explain the correlation between flow rate and water pressure? From what I understand, flow rate is the well’s ability to replenish water, and pressure is what pushes that water through the plumbing...
  8. Flipperman2a2w

Chances of Tapping Artesian Well?

I have a 2 bedroom vacation home in a mountain community in Western North Carolina. My well is about 4 years old, and yields approximately 3-4GPM. The water is extremely acidic and the iron content is off the charts- the highest the lab instruments could read was 20PPM, and ours is higher than...
  9. Flipperman2a2w

Air Compressor Size for Winterizing

There have been quite a few posts on compressor sizing to blow out sprinkler system pipes, but I haven’t had much luck finding information on compressor size for winterizing a home. . . It seems like a small home would have less piping than a sprinkler system? I have a 1200 Sq. Ft...
  10. Flipperman2a2w

Blowing Out Filter Tanks

I have a water softener, a Birm filter, and an acid filter in the garage of our vacation home that is not climate controlled. Summers get pretty warm and winters get extremely cold. The garage is really the only place I have room for these units, and I’m worried about the tanks freezing. I...
  11. Flipperman2a2w

wiring 220V Stenner pump to pressure switch

I suppose this is a hybrid well/electrical question. . . Has anyone ever wired a 220V Stenner pump directly to the pressure switch, so that it kicks on when the well pump starts? Stenner says not to chop the end of the plug off, but I always take that with a grain of salt. I thought about...
  12. Flipperman2a2w

Septic sytem used for 5 weeks out of the year- is this a problem?

We have a vacation home that we visit about 5 inconsecutive weeks out of the year. An older couple used it as their primary home for 3 years, before we bought it. What happens to the bacteria in the tank, since months pass between the times when we use it. I imagine that the water level in the...
  13. Flipperman2a2w

What is this piece of plumbing attached to the T at my pressure tank?

Trying to learn as much as I can about this. . .
  14. Flipperman2a2w

Will PVC bond to CPVC?

I have a 3/4" PVC to 3/4" CPVC adapter. I know that I have to use CPVC cement (as PVC cement is not strong enough to work on CPVC). Having said that, will CPVC pipe actually bond to PVC? I assume it would, since they make an adapter for that very purpose. The slip adapter itself is made of PVC.
  15. Flipperman2a2w

Blowing water out of filter tanks

I have another question, regarding the filter tanks (iron and acid neutralizer) that I'm using to correct our well water. We have a vacation home that we use about 5 weeks out of the year (seems like such a waste. . .) The filter tanks live in the unheated garage, and I hate the notion of...
  16. Flipperman2a2w

How to install a metal hose bib when you have PVC piping???

I can't seem to find an answer on this anywhere. . . I have PVC piping in my garage. I would like to install a hose bib before the water gets to my filtering equipment. That way, I can use unfiltered well water for the lawn, pressure washing, etc. The pressure tank and well head are over 100...
  17. Flipperman2a2w

Evaluate My Well(s)

I am new to the forum and fairly new to home ownership. I grew up on city water, so this is the first time I have ever used a well. I wanted to post a few photos here to see if I could get some general feedback on my system. As I understand it, the original owner had issues with the first...
  18. Flipperman2a2w

Using Pressure Tank with Chlorine

Apologies if this has already been discussed (and I'm sure it has). I can't seem to search old posts for some reason. . . In any case, are there issues with injecting chlorine into the line before the pressure tank? I do have a sizable retention tank in the garage to give the chlorine the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks