Search results

1. Bakechad

Moen bathroom faucet ring shield

Taking the advice I received in my last post, I replaced my broken American Standard bathroom Faucet with a new Moen Villeta. For once I had all of the right tools and the removal and installation went great. The problem I have is that when I turn the faucet on dead center, it comes back...
  2. Bakechad

American Standard Bathroom Faucet

I figured my best bet was to replace. I couldn't believe it was plastic! When I moved in there were three of these faucets. The first one failed about six months ago, this one is number two. The house was heavily remodeled in 1998, so I am guessing that's when they were put in. How...
  3. Bakechad

American Standard Bathroom Faucet

I have an American Standard bathroom faucet. I believe it is the cadet model. This morning when I turned it on the aerator flew off into the since. I tried to screw it back on and realized the plastic threads inside the faucet were damaged. I took the bottom plate off the faucet and...
  4. Bakechad

french drain ????

I need to replace a damaged(someone put a fence post through it) French drain and have been reading everything I can find on the subject. Everything I have read says put the holes down so that water comes in from the bottom. The idea is the trench fills and forces the water into the pipe...
  5. Bakechad

wierd hole found in basement??

Gary, Thanks for the correction. Here in the Chciago area, you don't see it at the home centers anymore so I assumed it was long out of code. Chad
  6. Bakechad

wierd hole found in basement??

I believe "black PVC" is actually ABS which makes it at least 15-20 years old, I think (disclaimer - I am not a plumber :) )
  7. Bakechad

Moen Kitchen Faucet leak

About a year ago I installed single handle pull-out Moen kitchen faucet. Overall it has worked well, but about three months after I installed it, a small amount of water would seep out of the area between the handle and faucet body when I turn the faucet on. Not enough to cause a major...
  8. Bakechad

Hooking up my humidifier

With the help of my brother-in-law I recently replaced my hot water heater. There was a saddle valve for the humidifier hooked to cold line right above the hot water heater. He removed the saddle valve, replaced the pipe, soldered a tee fitting and put on a compression valve. At the time...
  9. Bakechad

Want to trade in my plunger for a new toilet

I live in the Chicago area and Segal's is an authorized dealer of Toto. http://www.seigles.com/ If you live in the city, try Max Gerber on Milwaukee Ave.
  10. Bakechad

Teflon Tape on Plastic Threads

Just finished my latest plumbing project. I installed a RO filter in my laundry room to fill up five-gallon jugs. Everything went very well and it was working flawlessly for the first day. The next day, two of the screw on connections for the plastic tubing started dripping. The...
  11. Bakechad

Cartridge Replacement & Water Shutoff question

Well I replaced the cartridge and it wasn't too bad. The hardest part was getting the retaining clip out. The old cartridge came out with a little force and the new one went in without a problem. The only problem is now the faucet drips out of the spigot. It is only one drip every four or...
  12. Bakechad

I didn't think the picture matched the description. Lowe's does that quite a bit. Everywhere else I looked, the Danco tool was a cartridge and stem puller that is multi-function just as you describe.
  13. Bakechad

water heater leaseing?? your opinions--pros and cons

As a consumer, not a plumber, I like the idea. It is clear that in the long run it would be more money out of my pocket, but it would be worth it if the installation is good and they provide quick and quality service when something breaks. I also could afford a 75 gallon tank if I went this...
  14. Bakechad

I have a Moen single handle faucet in my shower that would sometimes drip when it was turned off. Now it is rapidly dripping all the time. After looking at a plumbing reference book and reading the postings here, I have determined I need to replace the cartridge. That leads me to two...
  15. Bakechad

Sump pump discharge pipe

I have a 1.5†sump pump discharge pipe that comes out of my basement above ground. See photo at: http://bakechad.smugmug.com/gallery/554349/1/15777436 It then goes underground into a 4†PVC pipe for about 8 feet. Then it makes a 90 degree turn and runs along the back of the house past our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks