American Standard Bathroom Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bakechad, Jan 10, 2009.

1. bakechad

bakechad New Member

I have an American Standard bathroom faucet. I believe it is the cadet model.

This morning when I turned it on the aerator flew off into the since. I tried to screw it back on and realized the plastic threads inside the faucet were damaged.

I took the bottom plate off the faucet and found part with the threads on it and removed it. It shows part number A923300.

I searched for the part online using google and checked the diagrams at **************.com and American standard. I found the faucet, but they do not list this part in the diagram on either site. Then I went to Ace Hardware and *******. Neither of them had the part and the Danco catalog which had the diagram of the faucet did not show this part.

Am I out of luck? Do I need to just replace the faucet?

Here is a picture of the part:

[​IMG]

Thanks

Chad
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Is your faucet fairly new? Strange to see such a part made of plastic. It very likely is not a replaceable part. What model # did you come up with for your faucet? Cadet is a venerable name, and it could be from 30 years ago, or yesterday. The number on the item is just a mold mark, and most likely is not the AMSTD part #./
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Obviously it is junk!

Try Moen or, Delta.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

I believe it is guaranteed so call American Standard customer service. They will probably send a new faucet.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Which will have about a 50/50 shot of being junk too!
  6. bakechad

bakechad New Member

I figured my best bet was to replace. I couldn't believe it was plastic!

When I moved in there were three of these faucets. The first one failed about six months ago, this one is number two.

The house was heavily remodeled in 1998, so I am guessing that's when they were put in.

How long should a "good" faucet last?
  7. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Hey Red. You hate Am Std, I hate Moen. We're narrowing the playing field. :D
  8. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I guess we just better start saying Delta!:D
  9. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

Chicago Faucets from the 1920's are still in use and still use the current faucet parts to repair them.