Moen bathroom faucet ring shield

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by bakechad, Jan 12, 2009.

1. bakechad

bakechad New Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Taking the advice I received in my last post, I replaced my broken American Standard bathroom Faucet with a new Moen Villeta.

For once I had all of the right tools and the removal and installation went great.

The problem I have is that when I turn the faucet on dead center, it comes back down. At first it was reducing the flow by about 50%. Then I moved the ring shield (part #8) around and now it just drops a hair and does not reduce the flow of water.

So my questions are:

1.) Is the ring shield supposed move? It moves up and down and turns with the handle.
    2.) Is it normal for the handle to “drop†a little when I turn it on?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    It's a new faucet
    In just a little time, there will be more friction from use.
    This is just temporary.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Dec 15, 2007
    Service Plumber
    One day years from now you will be leaning on it pretty hard to shut it off...
    Then you get to put in a new cartridge and it will be loose again for a while...
    Don't sweat it! There is a very long time in between where it is just right!