Search results

1. Sproksch

Stumped on Dishwasher inlet valve

Greetings, I have a GE QuietPower 2 model GLD5800L00WW, 6 years old. The other day I wasn’t getting enough water into the washer for it to clean anything. At the start of the cycle, I could hear the inlet valve open and let some water in for about 30 seconds, but it wouldn’t let enough...
  2. Sproksch

Installing Kohler Shower Drain Gasket

Cool thanks, I'll check that out! Didn't know there could be different types of gaskets...
  3. Sproksch

Well, still no-go. The blunt screwdriver would penetrate the gasket; tried a square nail, but the gasket would just absorb the hammer blows and bounce back. Pushing on it just compresses the top of the gasket, making it thicker and even more impossible to push in. Oh well, I guess I'll just...
  4. Sproksch

Thanks - I'll give that a try!
  5. Sproksch

Hello, I have a Kohler K-9132 shower drain I'm trying to install. The last step is to install the big gasket that makes the seal between the drain housing and drain pipe. I got this gasket about 3/4 of the way inserted, still have about a half an inch to go and it will not move anymore. The...
  6. Sproksch

How can I cut tile/cement board floor already installed?

Awesome - thanks for those suggestions; just what I was looking for! thanks! Steve
  7. Sproksch

How can I cut tile/cement board floor already installed?

Hello, I apologize if this has been covered - I did some searches and haven't found much. I'm remodeling my shower. I removed the old shower tray, which rested on the subfloor. The rest of the bathroom has 1 inch thick cement board with tile atop. I need to cut this back about 1 inch so...
  8. Sproksch

outlet leak on new water heater

Thanks much! I originally used pipe dope on the threads and after I looked, each connection had a tiny droplet of water that would form. I just finished re-doing everything, this time with the teflon tape, and that seems to have done the trick! I'm not sure where I got the idea to use pipe...
  9. Sproksch

Thanks - I'll give it a try! I thought I cranked it down pretty hard, but I'll try again. Steve
  10. Sproksch

hello, Just installed a new ordinary electric water heater yesterday. Everything seems to work ok, except I have a very small droplet of water that forms at the base of the outlet heat trap (photo attached). What could be the problem? How should I diagnose it? This is my first water...
  11. Sproksch

bathtub faucet turns on by itself

Thanks to everyone for advice! I loosened the packing and then re-tightened until it was just past finger tight, but the stem still wouldn't stay closed. I went out and got a new stem (the old lady was getting impatient) and that seems to have worked. I'm not sure how I messed up that other...
  12. Sproksch

bathtub faucet turns on by itself

Hello! I had a stem leak on the hot water stem of my American Standard bathtub valve. So I replaced the stem (and stem seat) with a brand new one (part 9C-23H/C), but the stem leak was still there. I took the stem out and put it back in a few times trying to figure out what the problem was...
  13. Sproksch

Closed stem leaks while other is open

Thanks! I think that was it, although in my excitement I cranked it down so much that I deformed the bonnet around the stem hole. So, now I think I'll definitely need a new stem to stop the leak. Either way, I'll know better for next time - thanks again! Steve
  14. Sproksch

Closed stem leaks while other is open

I just replaced both hot and cold American Standard 9C-23 stems and seats in my bathtub faucet with new ones made by Danco. Thought this would be a real quick fix. Everything seems to fit correctly, however the hot water stem will leak if it is closed while the cold water is on. The stem...
  15. Sproksch

Need help identifying a Moen 1200 shower valve/cartridge

Just finished buying and installing the Chateau trim kit - it fits great and everything seems to be working! The cartridge seems ok after I put the stem back in. Hopefully it'll last me a while longer. Thanks again for everyone's help! The old lady is happy! Steve
  16. Sproksch

Understood - a stop tube was not installed on this whenever someone remodeled it. All they had was the escutcheon, a round knob/handle, and a rubber sleeve that provided the seal around the knob. I can see that this plastic knob has what looks to be stops as part of the molded plastic, but I'm...
  17. Sproksch

ah ha! I think you guys nailed it. I think someone had remodeled this with a lavatory handle because it did not have a stop tube; just a handle and a rubber sleeve that formed a seal. And thanks for tip on the cartridge. I thought I had left something of the cartridge behind - I've...
  18. Sproksch

Hello – can anyone help identify my Moen shower cartridge/valve (photo attached)? It just says Moen on the valve but there are no numbers anywhere. I emailed Moen but they haven't gotten back to me. The cartridge is fine, but what I need is a trim kit that will fit this cartridge. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks