Search results

1. Benj

Whole house carbon tank filter recommendations.

Hello all, I'm interested in putting in a carbon tank filter to remove chlorine (and potentially other impurities) from my public water source. I previously had a 1.5 cu ft GAC system with a Fleck backwash valve when I lived on the west coast which worked well. I assume I'll get a system...
  2. Benj

Buderus G115/3 oil fired boiler - service

Hello there, I'm in the process of buying a house that has in-floor hydronic heating with a Buderus G115 boiler that was installed in 2002. I called the company that serviced in in May of 2017 and they say they only check the oil fuel supply, burner, heats up to specs and vent. There is...
  3. Benj

Stinky front loader Bosch washing machine - what to do?

Hello there, I wasn't sure where to post this question so I hope here is OK. I've had a Bosch front loader washing machine for about 5 years. It's a WFMC2201UC/12 machine. I've cleaned it out the best I can without taking the whole thing apart but it still smells terrible (so bad that we...
  4. Benj

Water filter to remove lead, thalium, arsnic

Hello there, Can anyone recommend a good water filter to remove lead, thalium, and arsnic? Would be nice to be able to take out the pesticides and other crap too. thanks.
  5. Benj

Rerouting sewer drain on outside of house?

I currently have a 2nd floor bathroom that was put together in a remodel before I bought the house. The drain for this bathroom goes straight down to the basement then courses 40' along the basement wall with slight drop then goes straight down into the floor near the corner. It does not tie...
  6. Benj

New Boiler - pipes keep leaking...help

I had a boiler installed almost a year ago. The house is nearly 80 years old and this is the first boiler replacement...cast iron in the old one rusted through and cracked. The new one was installed with 1 1/4" black metal pipe. A lot of off the shelf nipples were used and a bunch of pipes...
  7. Benj

New boiler - water pumped backwards through old system

I had a new boiler installed. After the installation, I realized that the new pipes were routed such that the feed was going into the old return lines. I have an 80 year old house with 3" main feed line and 1.5" return. Now the output from the boiler goes into the prior return lines. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks