Search results

1. Chetwynd

Tankless Water Heater gas line question

Hi Guys, I've got some pretty solid plumbing experience but it's been a while since I've done much with it, and I'm running into a problem with the installation of a tankless water heater. First issue is that the flow meter on the remote control for it (Takagi, nat gas) doesn't show the flow...
  2. Chetwynd

Need Well Pump Setup Advice

still need advice... I wanted to revive this thread and see if I can get a definitive answer or advice on what kind of pump to use for this. Thoughts?
  3. Chetwynd

thanks...more info I think all I really need to be able to do is run a standard garden hose off of it. I might rig it up to a rainbird or two, but a 3/4" discharge line is probably all I need. During the summer it would take forever to refill, but the flow is constant, but very slow in the...
  4. Chetwynd

Any help anyone can be would be much appreciated! Essentially I'm a homeowner/contractor, but I don't do much plumbing. In my yard I have a well of sorts...more like a reservoir, but it's a big 6' wide corrugated pipe buried in the ground, about 15 feet deep. It used to have a pump on top...
  5. Chetwynd

Well and Pump Question

Hi all, First, thank you all for reading this, hopefully you can help! Here's the story. I live in northern California. In my yard I have a well...it's basically a big piece of 8' galvanized steel tube, buried in the ground. It's 8' wide on the inside, and is full of about 20 feet of...
  6. Chetwynd

Help with Washing Machine trap/drain/vent

I'm actually very good with this sort of thing in terms of the quality of my work (once someone shows me what I need to do), so I'm tackling this project myself. I'm moving a washer/dryer from the middle of the house to a room that backs up to a crawl space, and then an exterior wall about 3'...
  7. Chetwynd

Goofy Hot Water Heater Setup...

more... just talked to a buddy who said it's a Watts 210 setup...or something. sounds legit, apparently. the water heater is in a garage where running a drain line outside would be a hassle, but not impossible...
  8. Chetwynd

Goofy Hot Water Heater Setup...

I was over at a customer of mine's house last week doing an electrical job. I have my plumbing license, but generally stick to electrical. Ok, I was looking at her water heater, completely confused. The gas line comes over to the hot water heater, and then 90s straight up along the water...
  9. Chetwynd

Backflow device question

Hi, My girlfriend works for a property management company, and the backflow devices on water lines at their properties keep getting ripped off for scrap metal (stupid meth addicts). Anyway, she needs to find something other than copper or brass or whatever it is. Do they make anything...
  10. Chetwynd

Pipe Diameters and sizes?

Hi, does anyone know of a good place to find the outer and inner diameters of pipe? For example I need to buy some hole saws, but for let's say 2" ABS, what is the outside diameter? As in, what size hole saw would I need? What about for cast iron? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
  11. Chetwynd

Sealing roof jack

Hi, The project I'm working on is actually electrical, but the same question applies. I have a piece of galvanized 3/4" pipe going down into a roof jack on a garage. Right now it's sealed with some kind of tar or putty or something that looks like it's been there forever. I need to replace...
  12. Chetwynd

Grohe question

Fixed FIXED! Pulled the cartridge, the screens were clogged. I said the hell with the screens, cut them off, put it all back together and now it works perfectly. Lesson of the day...
  13. Chetwynd

Grohe question

The situation. Grohe shower valve. One handle for the hand wand, one for the shower head. When the hot water is turned on, even though the pipes are copper and the water heater is VERY close, the water trickles for a while and then seems to build pressure after 30 seconds or so and then...
  14. Chetwynd

Anyone ever used a PipeCat for copper prep?

http://www.pipecat.com/plumbing/index.php Seems interesting. Looks like it cuts, brushes, and sands! They're a bit pricey though for the amount of copper I do, which isn't much. Looks like it would save a ton of time though. THOUGHTS? :)
  15. Chetwynd

Hammering...please help!

thanks It was the washer...THANK YOU!
  16. Chetwynd

CSST Length

fine As long as the added length of CSST doesn't affect the load calculations (the ones that told you to use the size you're using), then there's no reason you can't have extra under there, as long as they're properly strapped to the underside of the floor joist. Obviously don't kink it trying...
  17. Chetwynd

Pedestal Sink Installation Question

Ok, I have a 1.5" galvanized piece of drain pipe sticking out of the wall (out of a santee I assume). We want to install the new pedestal sink a few inches over from the center of the drain line. I'm not sure of exactly how much yet. Can I just swing the trap over a few inches? If so, how much...
  18. Chetwynd

Copper Types - K, L, M?

Hi, I wanted to start a discussion about the three types of copper, to see what people use each of the types for. For example, what type do you use inside a house? What about underground? Do the fittings work on all types? Besides cost and ease of cutting, is there anything wrong with using a...
  19. Chetwynd

What to use to protect wall from torch flame?

Thanks! hey thanks everyone, another successful post!
  20. Chetwynd

What to use to protect wall from torch flame?

Hi guys, I'm searching online for some kind of barrier or something that I can put between the copper pipe I'm sweating and the wall so that I don't leave burn marks on the wall. Does anyone know of something that I can use, and preferaby that I can buy online? Thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks