Search results

1. jmcintosh

Cooling unit for a small room in the back of the house?

Can anyone recommend a cooling unit for a child's room. I have a house that cools well except for one room in the back and it happens to be the baby room. Will I need to buy a cooling unit that has to have drainage for water or is there something else that could pull down the temp?
  2. jmcintosh

Retrieve 3/4 in PVC pipe dropped into 2 inch pipe PVC pipe?

Hi, I have a dropped about a 6 in long piece of 3/4 in PVC pipe into a 2 in PVC pipe. Is there some clever device I can buy to fish it out or retrieve it? Its about 6-8 feet down into the pipe.
  3. jmcintosh

Shower valve piping distance

While planning my bath tub installation I see that my copper piping for the shower valve will rest upon the front lip of my 14 inch tall tub. Will that cause a problem with the heat from the hot water or make my valve too close for proper tiling? Should I cut it and set it back a couple if...
  4. jmcintosh

PVC Pipe in the way of bathtub apron support

Hello, what's the best way to deal with this problem. The 3 inch PVC pipe is in the way of my tub apron support. The tub is 60x30. Do I try cut the support from the tub or relocate the PVC pipe. Is that PVC a cleanout?
  5. jmcintosh

Replace or just rebuild Delta shower valve?

Hello, After removing an old surround shower I have the valve assembly exposed and easily accessible. Should I replace the whole valve body or just rebuild it? Will I be able to turn the nuts or will it require soldering. I have the soldering tools available to me but wasn't sure if I should...
  6. jmcintosh

Gas line BTU and Price Estimate

I am in need of two additional gas lines to be run after having my furnace being moved from the basement to the attic. The other line is for a new gas oven. The existing smaller diameter pipe will have to replaced with 1 1/4 inch diameter pipe and run all the back to the main outside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks