PVC Pipe in the way of bathtub apron support

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcintosh

Reaction score
Hello, what's the best way to deal with this problem. The 3 inch PVC pipe is in the way of my tub apron support. The tub is 60x30. Do I try cut the support from the tub or relocate the PVC pipe. Is that PVC a cleanout?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 301
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 289

jmcintosh

Reaction score
It appears that PVC pipe is a vent stack. I wonder if I could taper it off into a 2 inch pipe and that might give me the room I need. It's a 2 bath house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 285

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's a general rule in plumbing...you cannot go from a larger pipe to a smaller one (restriction) in the direction of travel of the material (air or waste). So, I do not think that going smaller would be allowed. SOmetimes the plumbers don't check this spot as often as they do on the plumbing specific ones.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If there is enough room to fit the tub in there, the easiest thing to do it frame the alcove wall out the inch or two that you need.

jmcintosh

Reaction score
Done!

Ok, I stuck with 3 inch but it wasn't easy. There was a structural beam I had to work around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 268
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks